Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Oh and yes I left the wellys at home....also the sleeping bag as don't think it'll be cold enough to need it and could do without the bulk. Just taking 2 easy to pack folded sheets to sleep with. One to lay over my air mat and one to lay over me....if it does get cooler I'll just put on some more clothes......up here's for thinking down there's for dancin...etc :P

Edited by waterfalls212434
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, briddj said:

GFS latest

Weds, 29-30, no rain (same)
Thurs, 20-22 (slightly cooler), small amount of rain 9-12
Friday, 17-19 (few degrees cooler), no rain of any note
Saturday, 17-18 (few degrees cooler), now very light rain early hours and through to 6pm
Sunday, 19-21 (few degrees cooler), no rain
Monday now dry

GFS and Met Office now in agreement. 

*eyes cigars and brandy*

• Upvote 1

Here's my final update. In the car to Pilton shortly!

Weds, 30 (warmer), no rain (same)
Thurs, 22 (slightly warmer), small amount of rain 9-12 (same)
Friday, 18-20 (slightly warmer), now very small amount of rain late on
Saturday, 19-21 (few degrees warmer), very light rain early hours and through to 6pm
Sunday, 19-21 (same), now very light rain early hours 3am to 6am, then dry  
Monday fully dry

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, The Pumpkin King said:

Really!? All looks pretty stable on BBC site...wow.

Met office have issued a weather warning for thunderstorms, currently the southern extent of the warning area is just north of Gloucester. 

Been following this thread for a while, thank you to everyone who has been posting weather updates! I'm bringing wellies in case of the unthinkable but got quite a bit of stuff to carry and now leaning towards leaving them in the car. Got walking boots (water proof ish though wouldn't survive massive deep puddles) and an old pair of trainers with me. 

Should I leave the wellies in the boot?!

If there's no rain after Thursday morning, then the Norwegians win this. Nice to have no bad forecasts, but be able to get an idea of the accuracy of the models. I suspect that there'll be showers on Saturday morning which is in the Met Office and GFS forecasts, but not the more extensive showers predicted for the rest of Saturday by GFS.

If this is a washout, I'll eat my hat.

GFS 6z rolling out:

Tomorrow: Light rain possible tomorrow morning. Nothing too bad but heavier patches nearby. 21-22 degrees

Friday: Dry, bar possibility of light shower 9pm-midnight. During 'raaaain down' I hope. 19-20 degrees.

Saturday: Very light showers possible throughout the morning, clearing in afternoon. 19-20 degrees again.

Sunday: Bit of change from last run - bit more rain around in the morning. Still tiny amounts.Clear from midday and also on Monday, 20-21 degrees. 

3 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

GFS 6z rolling out:

Tomorrow: Light rain possible tomorrow morning. Nothing too bad but heavier patches nearby. 21-22 degrees

Friday: Dry, bar possibility of light shower 9pm-midnight. During 'raaaain down' I hope. 19-20 degrees.

Saturday: Very light showers possible throughout the morning, clearing in afternoon. 19-20 degrees again.

Sunday: Bit of change from last run - bit more rain around in the morning. Still tiny amounts.Clear from midday and also on Monday, 20-21 degrees. 

What;s this?  This is far too much rain for my liking >:-|