Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

GFS still shows convective showers (possible thunderstorms) moving over the area early Thursday - only amounting to 1-2mm of accumulation but heavier just to the North and South. The problem with convective showers like this is that the average accumulation shown on the charts is not very meaningful as the result of showers/thunderstorms is that many places will stay dry but some places get very wet.

The high resolution EURO4 model which is normally more accurate (and only goes out to 48 hours) by comparison, shows just clouds moving over early Thursday but no rain.

In short I'm worried that a thunderstorm could hit the site sometime around 3am-9am on Thursday and people should be prepared for the possibility.

Edited by liquuid_fusion

55 minutes ago, liquuid_fusion said:

GFS still shows convective showers (possible thunderstorms) moving over the area early Thursday - only amounting to 1-2mm of accumulation but heavier just to the North and South. The problem with convective showers like this is that the average accumulation shown on the charts is not very meaningful as the result of showers/thunderstorms is that many places will stay dry but some places get very wet.

The high resolution EURO4 model which is normally more accurate (and only goes out to 48 hours) by comparison, shows just clouds moving over early Thursday but no rain.

In short I'm worried that a thunderstorm could hit the site sometime around 3am-9am on Thursday and people should be prepared for the possibility.

I'll prepare by being in bed 

I have to say it has seemed far too hot today but it is the carting your stuff in and pitching that is the worst thing really. It's due to be hotter tomorrow though. Make sure you have plenty of water, sunscreen and a hat. It is relentless.

1 hour ago, Lizzim said:

It has been 17 degrees in Edinburgh this afternoon and everyone is in shorts and t-shirts.  To be fair it is full sunshine. 

Is 17 degrees considered hot in scotchland :lol:

When I got off the train home from work today in south London the platform was literally melting. :lol:

Weather forcasts falling more into line now. Excellent news.

The wellies are strapped to the side of my backpack though for weather god appeasement. Warm pjs for at night too. But a mix of long cotton trousers and summer clothes is packed. 

Happy festival day for tomorrow for all you lucky wednesday entrants. Ill be helping to hold up the fort here until Thursday afternoon

Edited by Heather90

For those still watching...

Norweigians saying  1.2mm Thursday, 0.5mm Sat am, otherwise dry. Although I'd probably ignore these forecasts now. 

Even better news is Met Office have reduced rain to less than 10% probability all Friday, and just have one light shower early Sat at 50%. 

So tremd of very little rain holding firm. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

For those still watching...

Norweigians saying  1.2mm Thursday, 0.5mm Sat am, otherwise dry. Although I'd probably ignore these forecasts now. 

Even better news is Met Office have reduced rain to less than 10% probability all Friday, and just have one light shower early Sat at 50%. 

So tremd of very little rain holding firm. 

Thank you for your comments throughout this topic! 

Just take it easy, its not a race, we just stop every hundred meters or so, have a sit down and a beer. There really is no rush to get in and you will take to some lovely people while chilling out walking from the car parks. I love the walk, just don't get stressed out about it, relax and enjoy it. Cracking banter as well, were all heading in the same direction ultimately

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, dingbat2 said:

Just take it easy, its not a race, we just stop every hundred meters or so, have a sit down and a beer. There really is no rush to get in and you will take to some lovely people while chilling out walking from the car parks. I love the walk, just don't get stressed out about it, relax and enjoy it. Cracking banter as well, were all heading in the same direction ultimately

I'm out of up votes but what you said :)

GFS latest

Weds, 29-30, no rain (same)
Thurs, 20-22 (slightly cooler), small amount of rain 9-12
Friday, 17-19 (few degrees cooler), no rain of any note
Saturday, 17-18 (few degrees cooler), now very light rain early hours and through to 6pm
Sunday, 19-21 (few degrees cooler), no rain
Monday now dry

Edited by briddj

Have an awesome time guys - it will be, invasive searches with lube or otherwise. A fistful of people in the country have led us to this, and GFL is doing what what it must. But for us it's time to share the love and show as ever what celebration is about. Can't wait. See you all on the farm.