Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Apart from the constant drizzle on the Sunday last year the weather was fine, a bit cold at times but the rain was pretty inconsequential when it happened, the current forecast is looking to be far better wed-fri then maybe similar sat-sun, but the ground resembles burning man festival this time around so we're all golden either way.

23 minutes ago, Glastonlocal said:

The fact is with showers that the festival site sits on the edge of the BA4/BA6 postcode and there isn't a localised forecast just for the festival  

This one seems to be just for the festival.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/events/glastonbury-festival

14 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

This one seems to be just for the festival.

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/events/glastonbury-festival

And this one has removed every single ounce of rain. Shelton mallet has two 40% chance light showers.

This tells me that they're expecting very light localised showers. This tells me to be happy. 

4 hours ago, uscore said:

What's Lost Horizons like for shade, keeping cool, etc?

It's good for that as there are a couple of marquees to escape to if the sun gets too much. Plus there is a plunge pool which always helps!

Met Office doing a (terrible) Facebook live in front of a flip chart, apparently next to an airport runway.

Missed the start but from what I saw very positive; chance of showers but light and fleeting, good chance of dry weekend.

Some risk of showers Weds night, if we get hit could be heavy, but will be short-lived. We can survive that.

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

1 hour ago, Glastonlocal said:

The fact is with showers that the festival site sits on the edge of the BA4/BA6 postcode and there isn't a localised forecast just for the festival  

Event at 48 hours out (when the UKMO models are very good a predicting rain) that level of geography isn't really going to make much of a difference. You only need to be that precise when dealing with radar forecasts focusing on the next hour or so. 

The important thing to look for on met office forecasts is not just thier rain symbols but also the %age risk of rain. 

55 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

And this one has removed every single ounce of rain. Shelton mallet has two 40% chance light showers.

This tells me that they're expecting very light localised showers. This tells me to be happy. 

The BBc lunchtime weather forecast looked lovely though it did gloss over Friday a bit, but little or no rain to be seen any day.