Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Or...

One day of difficult weather - Wednesday - with very high temperatures.

Then four days of cloud cover and occasional sunny spells, cool temps but not cold, and the chance of an occasional, brief, light shower.

If it stays this way, for me this is near perfect festival weather.

No, it's looking a lot more sunny than that in my opinion. The only really cloudy day looks likely to be Friday, with some light drizzle/rain possible. Sat and sunday look like classic broken cloud and decent sunny spells with the odd scattered shower.

21 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

I love the fact people are talking like we`re all fucked and theres gonna be a fucking monsoon just because we`re not predicted ot get a couple of light showers.....fecks sake you know what? in the heat thats also predicted itll be damn welcome! itll be refreshing!

And no im not taking my sodding wellys! have you seen the photos of the ground? it WOULD need a monsoon now to turn that dry dusty arid landscape into anything even coming close to the mud of last year, the rainfall predicted even at worst case prediction wouldnt make a dent. Anyone in wellys in this heat is going to be one uncomfy human being, mmmm 30 degress and thick rubber boots....thatll go well for your legs....lol 

And so it came to pass that the wizard of the waterfalls had put a great curse upon the land of Avalon, that caused the heavens to shake with high fury and the sky to fall upon the ground. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

8 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Or...

One day of difficult weather - Wednesday - with very high temperatures.

Then four days of cloud cover and occasional sunny spells, cool temps but not cold, and the chance of an occasional, brief, light shower.

If it stays this way, for me this is near perfect festival weather.

Exactly! Why are people complaining about cloud cover and sunny spells? Are you all lizards? 

Frankly, we are being spoilt after the mud last year!

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, liquuid_fusion said:

It's gonna be super hot tomorrow but the rest of the festival is looking like typical English June temps (like 18-22C). I certainly won't be welcoming any rain. I won't be wearing my wellies tomorrow - but i'll definitely be putting them in the car.

Ill have my walking boots as standard anyway(for support esp with the amount of working glasto involves, trainers for by the tents, walking boots for when im going off on a trek), certainly no need for wellys, we arent going to get deep mud even if a bit of rain brings small levels of it.

my first glastonbury was 2013. the weather was perfect, it rained a bit wenesday night/thursday morn but it dried out quick and the rest of the fest had glorius sunshine with some spells of cloud cover to chill people out a bit......it was pretty much spot on.

And this years forecast sounds exactly the same......so yes spot on, stop bloody worrying :P

For reference, looking at 2016 thread:

- On this day last year, Norwegians were confidently predicting 0mm rain over whole weekend

- So were other non-Met Office sites (with perhaps one light shower)

- Throughout the day they fell in line with BBC / Met Office TV forecasts of two bands of rain coming across

- This turned out to be correct - while timings shifted slightly as we got closer, that was basically what we got

In other words, it was this day last year that the forecasts fell in line and were pretty accurate for the weekend. And it was Met Office that called it.

Might not be this year, just sharing...

7 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

For reference, looking at 2016 thread:

- On this day last year, Norwegians were confidently predicting 0mm rain over whole weekend

- So were other non-Met Office sites (with perhaps one light shower)

- Throughout the day they fell in line with BBC / Met Office TV forecasts of two bands of rain coming across

- This turned out to be correct - while timings shifted slightly as we got closer, that was basically what we got

In other words, it was this day last year that the forecasts fell in line and were pretty accurate for the weekend. And it was Met Office that called it.

Might not be this year, just sharing...

At the moment the GF forecast on the Met Office site shows thunder storms for this afternoon  and a chance of 50%. Shepton Mallett shows no thiunderstorms with a precipitation chance of 5%

Apart from that the forecasts are pretty much the same Weds - Sun.

8 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

At the moment the GF forecast on the Met Office site shows thunder storms for this afternoon  and a chance of 50%. Shepton Mallett shows no thiunderstorms with a precipitation chance of 5%

Apart from that the forecasts are pretty much the same Weds - Sun.

Last year symbol forecasts looked fine initially, while TV broadcasts at lunchtime were introducing rain. Then symbols fell into line during pm.

So while everything looks pretty good at the moment, we should keep a close eye on the TV broadcasts.

Everyone keeps talking about 'the heat'. I am not coming down until Thursday when the temperatures drop considerably... Based on the Met Office forecast, a rather cloudy/cold festival but with little rain. Wednesday seems to be the only day that is hot hot hot with sunny skies. 

1 minute ago, AbiC said:

Everyone keeps talking about 'the heat'. I am not coming down until Thursday when the temperatures drop considerably... Based on the Met Office forecast, a rather cloudy/cold festival but with little rain. Wednesday seems to be the only day that is hot hot hot with sunny skies. 

Too hot for me. Making my Thursday departure easier to bear

I fully anticipate the weather gods to punish me now with 25 degree sun all weekend. Knowing my look I'll carry my wellies with me, only for them to melt 

Edited by Heather90
weather god appeasement