Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

5 minutes ago, liamium said:

if it's 30+ tomorrow I'll be on exclusively water until sundown. it is extremely wishful thinking on my part that - after not drinking for 6 weeks - i'll manage a sesh in direct sun & those temps :P

I think that's very wise. Tent heat is going to be ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm really not looking forwards to the journey and the queue tomorrow.

Yeah sitting in a coach for hours on end on the hottest day of the year does not sound fun.

I'm still holding on to the hope that the queues for us coach people won't be too bad though. Don't take that away from me.

Just now, daconor91 said:

How many mm of rain are needed to actually create a mud bath? Obviously there will be nothing on the scale of last year but I assume there could be some mud in places if there's any rain at all

Unless it comes hard and fast at a peak time I just cant see how the current state of the ground can't handle most light showers that could come its way.

was difficult to decide what was for the best journey/arrival/queuing wise but i think i'm glad i stuck on the 1.30am coach. travel while it's a little cooler, hopefully snooze a bit. assess the coach queue on arrival at 7am and decide whether to join it or find some shade.

taking some frozen bottles of water & fruity tea bags for a morning iced tea when we disembark 

13 minutes ago, Untz said:

There's going to be casualties in the Brothers Bar Field tomorrow. Even more than usual.

Getting a late coach is looking like less of a bad idea. As long as it has air con.

Yeah quite glad I'll be traveling on the coach in the afternoon. Though I'm having flashbacks of being stuck in traffic on a coach with broken air con in 2010

Actually glad I'm coming down by coach on the Thursday now, got Stone Roses in Leeds tomorrow night as a Glasto warm up gig.

Coach pick up at 7am Thursday morning and the coach drop off is right next to Gate A, an absolute blessing if the weather is hot, packing light and hopefully by the time we arrive the queues wont be too bad.

6 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Unless it comes hard and fast at a peak time I just cant see how the current state of the ground can't handle most light showers that could come its way.

Any rain today and overnight tomorrow would have to be seriously bad to cause any problems. Rain today will evaporate instantly and no one will be walking on the ground.

Even any heavy rain in the the early hours of Thursday will all be gone by the time anyway is walking on it in any great numbers. Temps of 21-23 soon gets rid of the wet a Glasto.

The Sat on Sun rain really is minimal and it might not even rain at all. Don't worry.

21 minutes ago, liamium said:

if it's 30+ tomorrow I'll be on exclusively water until sundown. it is extremely wishful thinking on my part that - after not drinking for 6 weeks - i'll manage a sesh in direct sun & those temps :P

This is also my thinking after 6 weeks on the Wagon. I am going to save my first drink til about 8/9pm on Wednesday

1 minute ago, uscore said:

This is also my thinking after 6 weeks on the Wagon. I am going to save my first drink til about 8/9pm on Wednesday

First drink will always be consumed once the tent has been erected in the right and proper fashion. Its not a festival if you don't.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

First drink will always be consumed once the tent has been erected in the right and proper fashion. Its not a festival if you don't.

First drink once tent is up this year will be a litre of water - at least. Then a beer.

Edited by Nobody Interesting