Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

In case I don't get chance later, a big thank you for all the time and effort everyone has put into this weather thread- the pooling of data, the sharing of charts and forecasts, the jokes- much appreciated! Hope we are all rewarded with the finest Glastonbury weather yet!

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

In case I don't get chance later, a big thank you for all the time and effort everyone has put into this weather thread- the pooling of data, the sharing of charts and forecasts, the jokes- much appreciated! Hope we are all rewarded with the finest Glastonbury weather yet!

Too right! Thanks everyone for making it such a fun rollercoaster, now let's all have an amazing Glastonbury in the sun!

4 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Now as much a part of Glastonbury as the music. Worrying about something we can do feck all about. 

God bless the Weather Thread and all who ride in her. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Mardy said:

yeah, was thinking about this earlier, normally wear my heavier coat, sweatshirt, wellies to get there, to cut down on packing and space, but if we're queuing for hours in 30 degree heat, fuck that. it's shorts and t-short for travelling

Same thoughts, usual plan is wear the heaviest items, carry the most convenient.  2010 we were in the hell of gate D in that one car park that was last to move.  I had taken my parka.  To be fair I was protected from sunburn but still felt like I'd been fucked by a sweaty bear when I got in.  The only advantage to being stuck in that blazing sunshine in the queue was that I made my load lighter by a fair number of beers.

1 minute ago, sunnydaysblue said:

The BBC app changes every day. I don't trust  what it says even 24hours before!

It changes multiple times per day. Today's Friday forecast has gone from totally dry, to one evening shower, to prolonged rain for several hours, back to dry and now 2 patches of rain. 

1 minute ago, daconor91 said:

It changes multiple times per day. Today's Friday forecast has gone from totally dry, to one evening shower, to prolonged rain for several hours, back to dry and now 2 patches of rain. 

Makes you wonder if Diane Abbott has taken over 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

Part of my Glastonbury build up is watching this thread and enjoying the rollercoaster. Ultimately it doesn't matter as come rain or sun we are all to have a wonderful time. Thanks guys, see you at the front for Radiohead.

Edited by XIV

1 hour ago, Toilet Duck said:

Yep, Friday 2005 is the one and only time I've worn wellies on the farm...water was a foot deep in places (and other than that one storm, the weather was lovely, hot as predicted for the start this year!)...

You could sit on the ground by Sunday. But Friday, maaaaannn! Friend was going to leave her wellies in the car on Thursday, saying she could 'pop back and get them if I need them'. I persuaded her otherwise. Was she glad I did!! Brownie points for me :D