Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can we put a blanket ban on anyone who tries to enter the site wearing their wellies this year? 

Always puzzled me how you get some complete weirdos wearing their wellies in good weather. 

When you see how cool mine are you'd want to wear them in all weathers!

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

22 minutes ago, phillyfaddle said:

Not taking wellies? I was there in 2005. Take them.

Yep, Friday 2005 is the one and only time I've worn wellies on the farm...water was a foot deep in places (and other than that one storm, the weather was lovely, hot as predicted for the start this year!)...

You must appease the weather gods. Take your wellies. Those turning up without shall curse us all. I will be there tomorrow, wellies, rain mac, thermal underwear and some very special fire water. I shall kneel at the altar (step to van) and consume the fire water to welcome the summer solstice. I do this for you people. I do this for sunshine. (may be a littlle bit pissed before longest day). No thankyous neccessary.

Edited by mashedonmud

14 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

Can we put a blanket ban on anyone who tries to enter the site wearing their wellies this year? 

Always puzzled me how you get some complete weirdos wearing their wellies in good weather. 

Perfectly normal to wear wellies while entering as they're the bulkiest of all options 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Perfectly normal to wear wellies while entering as they're the bulkiest of all options 

yeah, was thinking about this earlier, normally wear my heavier coat, sweatshirt, wellies to get there, to cut down on packing and space, but if we're queuing for hours in 30 degree heat, fuck that. it's shorts and t-short for travelling

Like many have said, I was there in 2005, sans wellies - converse trainers in 1 foot of water didn't go well.   Came home with a horrible rash on my legs from the dirty / unclean water (the sewage got into it) - it was horrific.  Took 2 or 3 weeks to clear up and a course of anti-biotics.  Never been without wellies since, even 2010, the last scorchio one.  Please take wellies, even if you don't wear them.  The weather gods can be cruel cruel people.

Still positive. Pretty much dry through to Sunday then an increased chance of light showers on Sunday but nothing of note. HOT Wednesday then cooling down at the weekend but still low to mid 20s. Chance of thunderstorms on Monday which is fine by me!

7 minutes ago, elbongo said:

What Gav say? In text form if I may? 

Scorchio Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, cooler more cloud slight chance of showers Friday Saturday but equally could be dry, chance of rain Sunday but could be dry. Rain more likely Monday

59 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'll be wearing walking boots regardless as you need good footwear at the farm

However, your point above I was at Primavera Sound a few years ago which is a concrete site I may add in blazing heat Barcelona... and this women walked past me in Hunter wellies!!! It was 30 degrees+ with Sun blazing... I was like WTAF 

20 minutes ago, richy24 said:

Still positive. Pretty much dry through to Sunday then an increased chance of light showers on Sunday but nothing of note. HOT Wednesday then cooling down at the weekend but still low to mid 20s. Chance of thunderstorms on Monday which is fine by me!

19 minutes ago, duke88 said:

Heat to cool down after Wednesday. Still warm though. Pretty much dry, small risk of showers. Rain Monday.

19 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Scorchio Tuesday Wednesday Thursday, cooler more cloud slight chance of showers Friday Saturday but equally could be dry, chance of rain Sunday but could be dry. Rain more likely Monday

Tnx :)