Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Definitely need to keep an eye on that thundery shower, though.....it could easily prove to be a spanner in the works.

As long as it hits before 4am Wednesday morning I'm okay with it. Would suck sitting in the queue during a thunderstorm.

Storm & Convective Forecast

Issued 2017-06-19 13:28:42
Valid: 19/06/17 06z to 20/06/17 06z

DAY 1 CONVECTIVE FORECAST - MON 19TH JUNE 2017

Synopsis

An upper ridge covers much of central and western Europe including southern Britain on Monday, an upper trough slow-moving  mid-Atlantic extending south near the Azores. Breeze convergence from development of heat low inland across central England this afternoon could trigger a few isolated heavy showers and/or thunderstorms.

... N ENGLAND, E WALES, MIDLANDS, LINCS, NORFOLK ...

Satellite imagery shows cumulus field bubbling up inland across the above areas, also wind observations show some weak convergence zones developing inland across the Midlands, Yorkshire and Lincolnshire. Slight fall in heights aloft and strengthening SWly flow aloft towards northern UK this afternoon combined with surface convergence and orographic lift of hot and humid airmass in situ for last few days maybe enough to overcome the capping inversion present in a few spots in the above areas for isolated rapid cumulus growth and a few late afternoon / early evening thunderstorms. High precipitable water values of airmass indcates main concern of any storm would be large spot rainfall totals leading to localised flooding. Any heavy showers/storms should fade overnight.

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=convective;sess=

Just went and bought another pair of summery shorts that will also be quick drying in the event of a water tap malfunction. I feel slightly more prepared now, that means I have a pair of shorts, a couple of t-shirts, a hat, and walking boots. What more could you want.

Frome is like an oven today. Must be very similar on site. Hats off to all crew and volunteers working in this kind of heat. 

I hope people aren't daft enough to drink to oblivion on the Wednesday. There'll be some very unwell people on site if so.