Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

34 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

6 Music weather also mentioned it as a possibility.

I dunno if we can rule it out entirely but I wouldn't be super stressed about it either.

fronted by Matt and Keavney, guess which one is the pessimist bringing his canoe.:P on a weather related note looking good and not really warm on the weekend but not cold either perfect festival weather.

7 minutes ago, Nobody Interesting said:

A nice bit of dust settling damp Saturday AM - apart from that pretty near perfect.

Image4.jpg

Image3.jpg

Potentially a nice little lay in on Saturday to give us a boost for the last couple of days of the festival then... nice!

1 minute ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

There's no science behind this, just a gut feeling.  I predict the meagre moisture will be pushed out to headline o' clock Sunday.  If it has to happen, it would be beautiful then.

As much as I would love Ed's set to be wet cold and miserable, I'm planning on heading upto Strummerville for the Very Special Guest, that hill could be a killer in wet conditions.

1 minute ago, squirrelarmy said:

As much as I would love Ed's set to be wet cold and miserable, I'm planning on heading upto Strummerville for the Very Special Guest, that hill could be a killer in wet conditions.

I'm thinking warm, light shower not cloudbuster.  :)

Purely cos (high temps and queuing clash aside) the forecast we have is pretty much what we'd get if a committee off here decided the weather.

A lot of deluded people want moisture, committee compromise is give them it at a time it won't badly mess anything up.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, squirrelarmy said:

"I dislike an act I'm not going to see so much I hope that everyone at all 100 stages gets soaked.  That'll show him!"

Glass half full:

- General agreement on one band of rain only, BBC / MO saying Friday, GFS saying Sat

- Rainfall totals generally very low across the board

- Everyone would have taken this in a heartbeat if offered a month ago

Glass half empty:

- Hard to predict how that showery rain will land - remember 2015 when we had a lovely sunny forecast, just one band of rain to get clear of on Friday, and then we had a big hit and the site churned up

Frankly, I just want to wear fucking trainers for the first time in seven years.

Edited by Glasto Weatherwatch

20 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Not sure what Pilton that is above from YR but heres the correct one, similar, with less rain and warmer on Saturday.

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~7292387/

Good morning. 

There are 2 Pilton's in the same place on YR.

https://www.yr.no/place/United_Kingdom/England/Pilton~2640282/

1 minute ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Glass half full:

- General agreement on one band of rain only, BBC / MO saying Friday, GFS saying Sat

- Rainfall totals generally very low across the board

- Everyone would have taken this in a heartbeat if offered a month ago

Glass half empty:

- Hard to predict how that showery rain will land - remember 2015 when we had a lovely sunny forecast, just one band of rain to get clear of on Friday, and then we had a big hit and the site churned up)

Frankly, I just want to wear fucking trainers for the first time in seven years.

You shall sir, you shall :)

• Upvote 1