Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

BBC and GFS clearly have two different models playing out. Interesting to see what happens now - from experience, I'm all about Met Office here on in. 

They seem to think one front - Friday - then cloudy but very little chance of rain thereafter.

They did have more persistent (light) rain on the real Pilton on Friday yesterday evening, removed this morning. 

GFS is showing minimal rain Sat but chance for it to develop and some pretty heavy rain skirting us on Sunday. 

Still a bit up in the air. Next day or two crucial. 

5 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

see this is what I mean though? why should I discard it? what makes it less reliable then other forecasts? if it is that unreliable why post it, why lie to people? fucking done in by this thread man.

Chill out man you're going to Glastonbury in a couple of days! 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, waterfalls212434 said:

then whats the point in even putting it out there? what are these sites doing? why would a weather site post something thats inaccurate and that they are fully aware is inaccurate?

Because weather sites are for the discussion of the models. It is not inaccurate in the sense that what a numerical model shows is possible. It is important to see where a run fits within the suite. Maybe have areas about numerical modelling. The met office will look at its results along with it own models and ensembles  and then make a forecast based on likelihoods of what may happen. It may be that although an outlier another model run agrees with it. Sometimes a change in the weather is signalled in the outlier model run and doesn't show up in the ensembles and visa versa  

Right, I'm just finalising what to pack, so just to clarify:

we're looking at roasting sun but possibly cooler sun or possibly clouds with no rain but possibly light rain or very heavy rain with no thunderstorms but possibly some thunderstorms, with disagreements as to what days and times and amounts of rain that may or may not fall? 

2 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Right, I'm just finalising what to pack, so just to clarify:

we're looking at roasting sun but possibly cooler sun or possibly clouds with no rain but possibly light rain or very heavy rain with no thunderstorms but possibly some thunderstorms, with disagreements as to what days and times and amounts of rain that may or may not fall? 

I think that pretty much sums it up :lol: