Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

3 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

Met Office and and BBC now saying rain Friday 

Don't believe anything until Tues PM forecast, all too fluid towards the end of the week atm. If I were a betting  man I'd say some moisture potentially late sat into Sunday, nothing more.

2 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

The infamous iphone forecast is showing a thunderstorm on Tuesday now too...

Notoriously full of shit though aren't they? Mine changes its mind several times a day. I kind of admire that 'covering all angles' attitude in a weird sort of way though 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

latest gfs run shows a load of rain, fuck it last one yesterday i saw showed no rain, you know what? these people? gavs weather vids? netweather? the norweigens? they dont have a fucking clue and im fed up of pandering to them, if they had a clue it wouldnt be changing on a daily fucking basis. 

The GFS operational run was an outlier and did not have much support from other members of the run. Id say you can discard it as very unlikely to verify

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Fingers crossed, thats a big chunk of rainfall at one of the worst possible times. 

Metcheck says about 4mm, which would actually be ideal for getting pegs in without making the place mud up.

And those big thunderstorms would just run off the rock hard land into the upgraded drains, with very little damage done because it's Tuesday, not Wednesday.

We're fine :)

Already packed my bag and my car for the journey down in the morning. Any small change in the weather forecast isn't changing my thinking. I've got predominantly t shirts and shorts with trainers and walking boots with emergency wellies in the car and emergency waterproofs if needed. 

Its going to be a good one people. Nice and warm but not too warm every day. I shall be in Tom's field by this time tomorrow and I shall see you all in the fields. 

Have a fantastic time everyone and look after each other in the heat. 

• Upvote 4

So what are we thinking guys and gals? Safe to leave wellies at home and stick with walking boots? From even the worst case scenario forecasts I can't see it getting to the point where boots wouldn't cut it but I'm panicking slightly as am packing tonight!