Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

With all the excitement over the Countryfile forecast, JackOne has chosen the same moment to release his latest forecast.

TL;DR Pretty much the same as Countryfile. His summary: "Still looking pretty good for Glastonbury 2017, but not quite as good as suggested yesterday, and certainly not as warm."

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=news;storyid=8237;sess=

5 hours ago, MJP said:

MeteoGroup, starting in the latter half last year :P...

Like i said, where do you think most of the met data originates from? Meteogroup are the same as any other met company, they have forecasters etc.... but they all need accurate obs data to analyse and forecast on.

Tuesday is when accuracy kicks in for the five days of the festival; still looking fine from what I see :)

16 minutes ago, Flysheet said:

IMG_3241.PNG

Pre heatwave we would have said this forecast would have been perfectly acceptable, while there is rain there's not enough to cause a problem. 

After spending two days in hot humid weather with the prospect of at least 3/4 more days of this I'm actually going to be looking forward to some cooler stuff. 

11 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Isn't this saying there's a 5% chance of a very small amount of rain falling? I like those odds.

I'd not seen that, I'll have a piece of that as well!

1 hour ago, waterfalls212434 said:

latest gfs run shows a load of rain, fuck it last one yesterday i saw showed no rain, you know what? these people? gavs weather vids? netweather? the norweigens? they dont have a fucking clue and im fed up of pandering to them, if they had a clue it wouldnt be changing on a daily fucking basis. 

This exactly they have no idea other than what tomorrow's weather will be like! This is my seventh Glasto and every one has had significant rain. This one will be the same there will be sun as well But as for Fri,Sat & Sun they are just guessing. 

The fact that I've been glued to this thread for two weeks when I know theres no way of predicting accurate weather more than one or two days in advance just shows that I'm a complete moron!