Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, Mezhyp1 said:

After trudging about in the depths of hell last year, I can't believe people are contemplating complaining about it being mod twenties. Stick some suncream on and fucking well enjoy being able to sit down 

Yup, yup and furthermore yup.

Just get some cornflour down yer pants.

2 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

After trudging about in the depths of hell last year, I can't believe people are contemplating complaining about it being mod twenties. Stick some suncream on and fucking well enjoy being able to sit down 

This! I've only been in 2014 and last year, both times the mud was ridiculous. You wouldn't complain about the sun on holiday and for many, Glasto is their holiday

Edited by kaytee...
  • Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, Padgey said:

Definitely several light trips to and from the car on Wednesday, anyone trying to take all their stuff in one trip are mad. 

People who makes several trips to the car are mad, so much more fun to be had than walking to a car and back several times

3 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I might be looking forward to this more than any act on the lineup. Last year was severely lacking in sitting.

• Upvote 1

We've all earned this one guys.... 

Last winter solstice I had my usual fire and little party in the garden. One of the things I do is write down little notes with all of the bad stuff I'd like to purge and cleanse them in the fire. 

Muddy Glastonbury was one of them and it is looking like the weather gods heard me this time. 

You can thank me in beer. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

When I see rain on the forecast, I have a sense of dread. When I see 26 degrees on the forecast I'm just terrified!

I do hope Gav is wrong about it being higher.

Usually they underestimate the temps  by a few degrees! My main worry is queuing in it for hours

10 minutes ago, Chicken Bob said:

Deadly serious. I've worked in hot sweaty kitchens most of my adult life. This is a method of practice of use regularly. I'd never go back to talc now. Try it. Cornflour is leagues above talc. 

What the he'll have I missed what are you people doing with talc and cornflour? 

1 minute ago, Trout Mask Replica said:

We've all earned this one guys.... 

Last winter solstice I had my usual fire and little party in the garden. One of the things I do is write down little notes with all of the bad stuff I'd like to purge and cleanse them in the fire. 

Muddy Glastonbury was one of them and it is looking like the weather gods heard me this time. 

You can thank me in beer. 

Sorry, but my winter solstice fire absolved me of any responsibility for buying pints for people who use their winter solstice fire to influence the weather.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Good luck on explaining the white powder to security when they search you! "oh, it's just cornflour for my bollocks, to keep them dry" 

Edited by Mr.Tease
  • Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Voucher Boy said:

People who makes several trips to the car are mad, so much more fun to be had than walking to a car and back several times

Trust me when I say it's so much easier just taking in your tent, chair and some beers the first time around, returning for everything else on a second trip. I'd imagine it will be even easier this year with the additional security measures, those bringing little on the wristband run will breeze past the long queues of people with loads. 

And then when you go back through the re-entry gate there will be a very small queue as you already have your wristband so it saves time and effort having to carry absolutely everything all at once. 

3 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Single trip for me. Nothing could be any more difficult than dragging my garden trolley through the quagmires last year. The trolley is going to sail across the land this year :D

It's easy if you've got the right equipment (Note baking desert-like Glastonbury 2017)

maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Avalon_Fields
  • Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Dave_c said:

Single trip for me. Nothing could be any more difficult than dragging my garden trolley through the quagmires last year. The trolley is going to sail across the land this year :D

Our trolley suffered 3 punctured tyres on the way back to the car this year because of those quagmires. Hell on earth.

9 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

What models do AccuWeather use for forecasting? They're showing thunderstorms on Tuesday and Thursday, then rain Friday onwards.

Not sure what models they use but if you click on those 'rainy' days it reveals 1.0mm of rain. It's a farce to use a rainy cloud to symbolise that. And quite annoying to look at. 

27 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'm out of cornflour but have a packet of strawberry angel delight that's 3 years out of date.  Packed.

Edited by Spindles