Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

I don't feel this year has been too rollercoastery. I think after last year we are all waiting on that horrible turn and are in the opposite state of denial we were this time last year

2016 ground was awful

2017 ground is awesome

2016 most seemed to have rain right up to opening then some over the weekend

2017 all have none up to festival and negligible amounts if any over the weekend

Shake and bake baby, shake and bake 

I don't trust this. It has thundery breakdown written all over it. 

2005 - good forecast the weekend before, inc Countryfile. Monday - showers start to appear in the runs. Tuesday / Wednesday - disagreement but some say heavy. By Thursday - forecasts (correctly) for armageddon. 

The Yr model, cooler with very little rain, is safer, and that's what I thought consensus was forming around. 

9 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

2005 - good forecast the weekend before, inc Countryfile. Monday - showers start to appear in the runs. Tuesday / Wednesday - disagreement but some say heavy. By Thursday - forecasts (correctly) for armageddon. 

The Yr model, cooler with very little rain, is safer, and that's what I thought consensus was forming around. 

IIRC there was also a thundery breakdown last year over the festival weekend but as it came up the way from France it hit kent and the home counties rather than the SW.

9 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

That was 12 years ago; forecast modelling (and accuracy, believe it or not) has hugely improved with technology,. It's going to be a dry and fine one, with just the odd threat of some light showers towards the later part of the festival; stick :)

10 hours ago, fur_q said:

The soil is clay, mood soil will tend to have lots of tiny air pockets witch help the water to drain through the soil, Dry compacted clay will have amost non of these are pockets and so the water will not have have anywhere to go. 

I like the sound of this mood soil- where can we get some?