Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

If forecasts continue on the this downward trend (which they will) we can expect portals from other dimensions opening in the sky and giant winged serpents swooping down and snatching fully grown men from the ground.

This basically.

I think there's a v good chance we could be living under a Tory/DUP 'supply and demand' cabinet by then. And we'll all be dead too. 

37 minutes ago, WS_Jack_III said:

Hold on

23 minutes ago, johntrfc said:

That massive area of high pressure looks to be moving up at just the right time.? 

21 minutes ago, mattiosmith said:

The massive low is coming down quicker though...

high pressure pushing up, low pressure pushing down, only one way of settling this....

Harry-Hill-Fight-AP-WDC5.jpg

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

We really could be staring down the barrel of a hot as balls glastonbury 

NOOOO don't jinx it...

Just keep those fingers crossed, and buy those wellies as a sacrifice to the weather gods.

Yeah it's looking alright - but this spin ain't done yet

7 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

We really could be staring down the barrel of a hot as balls glastonbury 

HA! This morning it was nothing but doom, and now this. All from two different model runs.

I bloody love it in here.

Took our caravan away for a few days last week to make sure everything works - we had torrential rain and gales one day/night - so much so that the people parked next to us had their car written off when a tree branch fell on it.  The caravan is watertight so there is no need to have that tested again any time soon ;)  As a back up I then spent a small fortune on waterproofs for one and all on the team for the festival so hopefully that will be money well wasted - hope I've done my bit. :)

4 minutes ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

I swear it looked like that for a bit around this point last year...

At this point last year, site had already taken quite a lot of water and we were waiting to see if the week of the festival would improve. Different runs were saying different things, and in the end it was terrible again just before gates opened (but not too bad really during festival).

So we're in a better place than last year by some distance I would say. 

4 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

At this point last year, site had already taken quite a lot of water and we were waiting to see if the week of the festival would improve. Different runs were saying different things, and in the end it was terrible again just before gates opened (but not too bad really during festival).

Yeah, this time last year, there were photos of flooding on site - roads and fields underwater, vehicles getting stuck.  I arrived on the Saturday before and everyone was scrambling to get woodchip down, improve the trackways.  The fields just weren't draining, and in some cases had large pools of water on the surface still.  The site was saturated from then on, and never really had a chance to recover.

6 minutes ago, Glasto Weatherwatch said:

I agree, my comment was slightly tongue in cheek, although I'm almost certain that last year at one point there was the suggestion of a heatwave not too far from the festival itself, then it turned to shit.

6 hours ago, jfaragher said:

To be fair, that far out, your certainty on the location of the weather is greater that the distance between the festival and Glastonbury town.

6 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fair point, except that screenshot was for the next hour, not next week.

Alas! I've checked again and the only difference is black cloud on the Thursday, the screenshot is really for the days in the future at he bottom not what it's like in the next hour