Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

1 minute ago, jdog said:

Yr.no not that positive anymore..

I think they take there data from the ECMWF, the last run was an outlier in terms of low pressure. Definitely worth checking it again later today! Fingers crossed it will change. The ECMWF 00z is rolling out now - eek! the anticipation is killing me.

It was nice last weekend aswell, so ure looking at three nice weekends in a row, no chance! 

Can see a huge break down in the weather from a out Wednesday, you know why? Coz I've been to the last five and it's the same every year :/

5 minutes ago, Splatt said:

Every bloody year it peaks too early :mellow:

This is looking like 2014- lovely leading up to the festival, then breakdown from the minute the gates open! Ack!

Mind you, the standard glastonbury weather over the past 15 years has tended to be:

Dry and pleasant on the Wednesday, starts to rain thursday/Friday, bit more rain Saturday, then sunny and nice on Sunday. 

Edited by Mr.Tease

Still too early to get excited or depressed, The Met Office says:

Looking ahead, this pattern of weather is likely to continue, albeit without such high temperatures. Dry and settled conditions should persist into the early part of next week with the north and particularly the north west remaining more changeable with a mix of rain and sunny spells.  So, it’s currently too early to say what weather to expect for those heading for Glastonbury Festival the following weekend.

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

I think they take there data from the ECMWF, the last run was an outlier in terms of low pressure. Definitely worth checking it again later today! Fingers crossed it will change. The ECMWF 00z is rolling out now - eek! the anticipation is killing me.

it aint all that. :(

The crucial factor is the dry run up. It's not a 2011 or 2016 where the ground is saturated before the gates open. The build is going on in perfect conditions. The ground will be as good as it will ever get in terms of mud. 

Even if it does rain, it's not going to last and shouldn't make a significant impact on anywhere but the most heavily travelled parts of site. 

Think run up to 2014 was good, but then heavy downpours throughout the weekend made it very slippery. Not on the scale of last years deep sludge, just tiptoe slippery, so it was your calves that we're screwed, rather than your thighs and lower back like last year.

2 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Would you be kind enough to summarise what they're both saying ?

I'd say currently the 3 main weather forecasting systems are all in agreement that weather will be good until at least Thursday of the festival.

Friday onwards there's disagreement in how things will go.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, JoeyT said:

I'd say currently the 3 main weather forecasting systems are all in agreement that weather will be good until at least Thursday of the festival.

Friday onwards there's disagreement in how things will go.

Probably because we're still over a week away from then. Hopefully by Friday we'll have a clearer picture...

ECM has a good build up but as we approach Thursday / Friday into the weekend a low pressure system comes in from the atlantic bringing rain

GFS again looks good to Thursday/Friday but then a serious belt of rain arrives Saturday

GEM - high pressure right up to Wednesday where is stops.  looks the best of the lot but is also the least verifiable 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

ECM has a good build up but as we approach Thursday / Friday into the weekend a low pressure system comes in from the atlantic bringing rain

GFS again looks good to Thursday/Friday but then a serious belt of rain arrives Saturday

GEM - high pressure right up to Wednesday where is stops.  looks the best of the lot but is also the least verifiable 

Thanks