Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

2 minutes ago, Aragorn said:

Don't look at the 0z run. It's not pleasant

Gotta be an outlier

Yes, one of the worst runs, an in terms of pressure an outlier by nearly 15mb. What worries me is these scenarios are still on offer - and knowing the recent history of the British summer they aren't that unlikely. Waiting for the 00z ECM to calm the nerves.

8 hours ago, Kashkin said:

Temperature doesn't matter much if it's dry (in fact cool temps have benefits for getting sleep in the morning), but once you get some mud you really want warm temperatures to sort the mud out quickly.

I got sunstroke in 2010 and couldn't sleep past 7am. It was still my best weather year ever. 

Sun sun sun!!!

Edited by barkley87
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

28 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Yes, one of the worst runs, an in terms of pressure an outlier by nearly 15mb. What worries me is these scenarios are still on offer - and knowing the recent history of the British summer they aren't that unlikely. Waiting for the 00z ECM to calm the nerves.

We don't want that knowledge based pessimism here. Blissful ignorance only, matey.

Edited by Wilfko

1 hour ago, Thunderstruck said:

ECM 00Z showing the complete opposite end of the spectrum to the GFS.

Potentially getting towards (and past) 30 degrees by next thursday/friday!

So who will win out? Probably somewhere between the 2 is my guess!

48 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I think you want the NFR NFC thread bud.  This is the science thread.

Some people are sciencing the hell out of it, I'm just going 'boooo'.. 'yaaaay' based on whatever end of the good/bad weather spectrum people are estimating.