Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

44 minutes ago, daconor91 said:

BBC is the only weather source I really trust, even if they are wrong occasionally. They are predicting sunshine on the 19th and 20th, and sunny intervals on weds 21st, which would be perfect if it doesn't change. 

I see no reason not to be positive about the weather!

Thing is, the BBC app / daily prediction is quite unreliable. The TV and written forecasts are the best, though.

Once we're all on site, the rain may hit if it has to - it's the apoclayltpic downpours of Tuesday and Wednesday last year that were the issue for those who were gridlocked.

Only seriously bad rain I think over music time last year for me was TDCC on the Friday afternoon and ELO on the Sunday. Rest of the time, bit of drizzle was fine. Though I seem to recall after I went to bed on the Friday night, the heavens opened again.

1 hour ago, Tommy101 said:

It always annoyed me that the opposite of an anti-cyclone is a depression and not a cyclone. It get's my OCD twitching.

Meteorology can be a bit weird though. Terms like 'extreme normal' being used for La Nina (basically opposite from El Nino if anyone way wondering). 

Well a cyclone is just the same thing but with the wind in the opposite direction which would be anti-clockwise (in the norther hemisphere)

EDIT: One is low pressure and one is high pressure too incase that wasn't clear.

Edited by lebenski

1 minute ago, Calvin Klein said:

It definitely rained during the night last year. More than once.

Yup. We woke up to a massive, massive deluge at about 4am on Sunday morning. Luckily it stopped at 5.50am just as we were leaving for our shift.

• Upvote 1

My predictions for the weather:

Windy and cold = wear a coat and have a good time.

Rain = get wet but have a good time.

Muddy = No different from last year, had a good time.

Sunshiiiiiine = Get burnt, have a good time.

So the forecast is having a good time.

• Upvote 22

2 hours ago, eastynh said:

My predictions for the weather:

Windy and cold = wear a coat and have a good time.

Rain = get wet but have a good time.

Muddy = No different from last year, had a good time.

Sunshiiiiiine = Get burnt, have a good time.

So the forecast is having a good time.

Alas I am out of ups to give but this really is how it is in my opinion.

Still way too early to judge the weather, Accuweather are almost certainly changing their mind again as we speak.

While it would be great for a sunny one we haven't had that biblical rain like we had in the run up to the festival last year, which means no mud and we won't all have heavy leg syndrome before the music actually starts.

As long as it doesn't rain while all of our tents are going up then happy days.

I bought waterproofing spray for my tent but I won't need it because this year is going to be like 2010 where it's baking hot for the full festival.  I base that on absolutely no science or meteorological knowledge, but instead on the fact that I want to get sun tanned, discard my wellies in favour of wee trainers, and dance about madly in the sunshine! 

(waking up cooked in your own sweat like a poached egg in a sleeping bag is just a bonus.)

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, LynseyDiva said:

I bought waterproofing spray for my tent but I won't need it because this year is going to be like 2010 where it's baking hot for the full festival.  I base that on absolutely no science or meteorological knowledge, but instead on the fact that I want to get sun tanned, discard my wellies in favour of wee trainers, and dance about madly in the sunshine! 

(waking up cooked in your own sweat like a poached egg in a sleeping bag is just a bonus.)

Sweats the hangover out. People pay good money to go to a sauna as a hangover cure!

Edited by Wilfko
  • Upvote 1

Accuweather continues to predict a typical glastonbury in which the weather is great until the music starts at which point the rain comes. Don't tell me, Monday will then be dry and warm...

Netweather had hitherto been pretty pessimistic but are now forecasting less rain.

9 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

My weather-obsessed sea fisherman father recommends XC Weather as the most accurate. The forecast only goes up until next Tuesday at the moment but is worth keeping an eye on. 

XC are the best for wind predictions - hence they are favoured by sea-faring types.

It's all about the Norwegians for me.

3 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Was it raining lots this time last year or was it earlier than this? 

Basically, is this year a better run up so far? 

Much better run up so far imo. Until last couple of weeks it has been unusually dry in many areas. The fact that the next week or so is looking dry is much needed boost!