Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

13 minutes ago, justperfect said:

97/98 were my first two. Both were worse than last year.

The other stage sank ffs

Snap - had to keep coming back until the weather improved after first impressions being those two, thank god it did in 99 

2011 was the muddiest of the ones I've been. It was very, very hard work. All the campers had to be towed into the fields because they simply couldn't get in.

I think some people forget how hard Wednesday-Saturday was in 2011 because the sun came out on Saturday lunchtime and by Sunday morning everyone was in trainers!

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

So just to clarify last year was the muddiest ever?

(It was only my second time 2015&2016)

The ground was probably as bad as it can get last year.  There has been worse weather though ('07).  There is nothing more miserable than soggy cigarettes that keep going out and dilute cider cos the rain is piddling into your can.

6 hours ago, Chicken Bob said:

I'm asking people that have been going for years and years. Was 2016 the muddiest ever ?

2007 still the worse in my mind. I think what helped last year was that the festival are more prepared for mud now than ever before. You didn't see much woodchip going down in 2007.

Really reluctant to say anything to positive or confident, but while there's been a fair bit of rain in the last week there's also been good amounts of wind and sun, so I'd imagine the sites in reasonable shape.  Trying to follow state of the ground thread and things look ok so far.  Assuming the next week isn't awful, can we rule out 2011 and 2016 mud levels?  They seemed to be largely due to deluges in the build up, with whatever fell during the festival being enough to keep it thick.  Too early to know what the actual festival weather will be like

I'm starting to feel very positive about the weather now. Even though the 17th is still a week away, when they predict an extended period of sun they are rarely wrong. They often get the exact temperatures wrong but it is extremely unlikely it won't be sunny on those days.

If I'm not wrong wasn't it pissing it down everyday the week before Glastonbury last year making the site waterlogged and when everyone arrived it all got churned up, despite it not raining on the day of arrival? If this forecast holds true I will be absolutely buzzing

Just had a peruse of the 2010 weather thread. So many parallels, met check predicting doom, decent forecasts from accuweather, week before fest being hot. 

It's happening folks, 2017 is gonna be a scorcher! 

• Upvote 2

Its a different story on accuweather right now. Rain predicted but no where near what Metcheck is saying unless ive read Metcheck Wrong? I.e. Huge downpours. I swear its always at this point of the build up where all the weather reports head off in different directions.

_20170610_121443.JPG

Edited by Familiar2billions

6 minutes ago, Rudi said:

Just had a peruse of the 2010 weather thread. So many parallels, met check predicting doom, decent forecasts from accuweather, week before fest being hot. 

It's happening folks, 2017 is gonna be a scorcher! 

Have yourself an up vote for that lovely slice of positivity! 

In my glastonbury whatsapp chat everyones being doom merchants of negativity and cursing 'Jinx' if i dare say keep the faith we'll be fine. POSITIVE THINKING PEOPLE!... and the odd sacrifice to the sun gods but we dont talk about that ;)

• Upvote 1