Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

Looks exactly like that image depicts on ventusky, the weather we are having this weekend will improve through til midweek, then take a damp turn for next weekend after which high pressure from the south has a chance to dominate for a little while.   June is looking a little 2008ish to me at the moment.

3 minutes ago, Spindles said:

Looks exactly like that image depicts on ventusky, the weather we are having this weekend will improve through til midweek, then take a damp turn for next weekend after which high pressure from the south has a chance to dominate for a little while.   June is looking a little 2008ish to me at the moment.

If I was offered 2008 as a dead cert I would take that shit and bank it !

On 5/30/2017 at 10:31 AM, Ch3176 said:

I got a tiny picnic blanket from Poundland a couple of years ago- folds up and is waterproof one side.. it was a life saver and has travelled to Glastonbury plus overseas when a muddy arse is a distinct possibility! 

Ranulph fiennes has said that there is no such thing as bad weather only poor clothing choices! Xx

I can just picture this Ranulph Fiennes character visiting drought stricken countries and people who have lost everything in floods, and sharing his wisdom with them. He probably also invented the phrase "cheer up, it might never happen" and whistles whenever he walks! 

;)

5 minutes ago, across97 said:

Haven't heard 2008 being spoken about much re weather.

so please educate me as to what a '2008' is?

Slightly blurry, but it rained a fair amount on the Thursday, particularly the evening, was a bit soft underfoot on Friday, but pretty good weather Saturday and, particularly, Sunday. 

7 minutes ago, across97 said:

Haven't heard 2008 being spoken about much re weather.

so please educate me as to what a '2008' is?

It was an underrated weather year- I vaguely remember some rain maybe Thursday, then dry the rest of the way- mainly sunny and cloudy, next to no mud most days

1 minute ago, Titters said:

Slightly blurry, but it rained a fair amount on the Thursday, particularly the evening, was a bit soft underfoot on Friday, but pretty good weather Saturday and, particularly, Sunday. 

That sounds fine. I'm just hoping for conditions where I might be able to ditch the wellies at some stage :lol:

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It was an underrated weather year- I vaguely remember some rain maybe Thursday, then dry the rest of the way- mainly sunny and cloudy, next to no mud most days

I'd take that, 2016 was my first year so although we coped last year and still had a great time it would be nice to have a little less mud this time round 

3 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Exactly, it was neither one thing nor the other i.e. the weather was not a talking point, so take it with both hands and choke the life out of it lol :) Also my avatar was from 2008 and I'm in shorts chopping firewood, this is a good sign :)

6 minutes ago, Franky said:

Exactly, it was neither one thing nor the other i.e. the weather was not a talking point, so take it with both hands and choke the life out of it lol :) Also my avatar was from 2008 and I'm in shorts chopping firewood, this is a good sign :)

Indeed! It was nice in such a low key way, no one realised until the Sunday that we hadn't been interfered with by bad weather - I remember waltzing up to the park late Sunday afternoon then suddenly realising what an easy festival it had been! 

Didn't it rain on Friday morning as well in 2008? I remember it raining during Bjorn Again and then the sun came out for Vampire Weekend. But yeah the Wednesday, Saturday and Sunday I remember being dry and really don't remember much mud. 2008 was my first year so all a bit of a wide-eyed blur. In my head I think 2008 and 2009 were quite similar, but 2009 was definitely hotter.

14 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Yeah, it did properly chuck it down in the Thursday night, I remember we were sheltering in the tent for some hours, but after that it made a quick recovery.

1 minute ago, Kashkin said:

Yeah, it did properly chuck it down in the Thursday night, I remember we were sheltering in the tent for some hours, but after that it made a quick recovery.

Yeah well generally if it rains whilst most people are in bed and not moving about the ground can cope with it.

3 minutes ago, Franky said:

Yeah well generally if it rains whilst most people are in bed and not moving about the ground can cope with it.

It was early-mid evening if I recall. I had to walk up to gate A to meet someone around midnight and it had stopped but then.

Photos from 2008 =

Thurs: Drowned rats, desperately trying to look happy despite 2007 memories looming large.

Fri: Taking shelter from rain in the Pussy Parlour during the day, raving it up in the dry from early evening onwards.

Sat: Glorious sunshine, blue skies and much hands in the air revelry but with wellies on.

Sun: Sitting on the ground with trainers on.

I'd gladly take that again

It rained whilst the Levellers were playing on thurs eve in 08 - I remember getting a great spot in the tent & came out to find people soaked through and a thin layer of m*d on the ground. Think it rained again later that eve

08 & 09 were extremely similar in the weather patterns i.e. when the rain came, but yes I think 09 may have been a tad warmer

And I remember both years I did use the wellies but only sparingly - trainers were fine most of the time :)

i remember leaving the Park on sat eve in 08 after MGMT and literally legging it down the hill to see Jay-Z, still having time for a pit stop and a cider bus pick up before getting a good spot in the field - no way I could've done that on a muddy year!

Blimey, two weeks today and this thread will be a frenzy.

We'll all be gearing up for the countryfile forecast in the evening.

They'll be people on site giving us ground reports & pictures. Talking of which when are you down on site from @Sawdusty Surfer?

The various stalls will be setting up from today as well so the webcam will make for great viewing.

Bloody hell i'm excited :D