Weather 2017

Nobody Interesting

12 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

I'm not asking for anything

There's about as much chance of you predicting some rain as there is all rain or even no rain.

This thread alone going back even just the last two years shows that further than 5 ish days away its basically guess work.

I didn't say it was going to rain for five weeks, i said that its pissing down today... but it could piss down for five weeks which would make today relevant... know body knows yet

I never claimed you asked for anything, but you said " Well, unless it continues for five weeks................... " which is in no short-range forecast anywhere.

You can't predict exact day-by-day whether closer than three days out, but what you can do is have an idea of what the over-arching weather is going to be. And no forecaster is saying it is going to piss down for weeks.

Therefore, today's day rain is absolutely fine.

10 minutes ago, briddj said:

I never claimed you asked for anything, but you said " Well, unless it continues for five weeks................... " which is in no short-range forecast anywhere.

You can't predict exact day-by-day whether closer than three days out, but what you can do is have an idea of what the over-arching weather is going to be. And no forecaster is saying it is going to piss down for weeks.

Therefore, today's day rain is absolutely fine.

The statement "Well, unless it continues for five weeks" was just it "could" rain for five weeks, which is a guess.

Where you're saying the forecast is showing there are periods with no rain so you're confident that these are correct and which again may be true but these are also guesses.

* It might rain solid for five weeks.

* It might not..

That's as close as you're going to get it.

Edited by Stretlow

1 minute ago, Stretlow said:

The statement "Well, unless it continues for five weeks" was just it "could" rain for five weeks, which is a guess.

Where you're saying the forecast is showing there are periods with no rain so you're confident that these are correct and which again may be true but these are also guesses.

* It might rain solid for five weeks.

* It might not..

That's as close as you're going to get it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2635167#outlook

Thanks

To predict the weather this year : 

Find a six sided dice and roll it. If the result is :

• 1 or 2 : fuck it's going to be a wet one like 97, 98, 05, 07, 16. :fie:
  • 3 or 4 : there is going to be a wet day or so. It will dry out and be OK.:drinks:
  • 5 or 6 : it will be dry. Party on (in the shade). :danced:
  • Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, waterfalls212434 said:

Are there actually people arguing about this above? Thats funny....over a month away...noone has a clue. Get over yourselves haha 

You're a resident of Zog so you probably don't know us Brits. We love to talk about the weather no matter how pointless it is :D

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Barneym said:

Am I the only person here who thinks last years weather wasn't that bad. Yes the mud and getting there was a nightmare but it didn't rain that much over the actual 5 days and I'd take mud over it raining whilst there anyway. 

If it's raining you're going to have mud either way!

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yep and it's not just as likely to rain over the next five weeks as it is to be dry over the festival.

Within about three weeks we'll have some idea where the jet-stream is trending to be, which controls most of our weather, so you can have a rough scientific calcuation from then.... which doesn't mean it won't rain! Lovely.

Edited by briddj

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

They got yesterdays weather wrong, yesterday morning. 

While usually quite reliable, the Met Office told me to expect showers all yesterday afternoon. Not one spot fell. While looking at blue skies the app was telling me it was raining.

Though they were right, almost down to the minute, about showers earlier in the week.

1 minute ago, The Nal said:

None. They're usually always wrong. 

With the specifics yeah they are but they usually know when to expect a period of either really warm or really wet, if it's going to be unsettled then we'll have to pack everything

15 hours ago, squirrelarmy said:

You're a resident of Zog so you probably don't know us Brits. We love to talk about the weather no matter how pointless it is :D

Absolutely, and Glastonbury is the most British of all festivals in so many ways. A huge discussion about the weather is simply inevitable. 

13 hours ago, Barneym said:

Am I the only person here who thinks last years weather wasn't that bad. Yes the mud and getting there was a nightmare but it didn't rain that much over the actual 5 days and I'd take mud over it raining whilst there anyway. 

I think it's universally accepted the weather wasn't that bad, I'd go as far as to say I'd probably take it now if offered, because in reality the constant drizzle on Sunday was the only rain that really fell when it mattered.

The issue of course was the near month long downpour immediately before the festival. 

13 hours ago, Barneym said:

With you.. I didn't even think the mud was that bad most of the time, only difficulty i encountered in the five days was outside the entrance to the S.E corner where me and my mate ended up cuddling in the mud and at the long drops near the pyramid where I helped a lady up that fell..