Glastonbury Premier inn

Clubber Lang

Hi guys, We're staying at the Glastonbury Premier inn for a night and going to the festival the next day due to having a fair distance to travel. 

A couple of quick questions I'm hoping you can help me with:-

Are there any decent pubs and places to eat near there? (Not looking for Michelin stars!!!)

Which is the best route to get to the festival to car parks for camping in Pennards? (A mate is setting up our tents!)

I've previously bought some home made Cask cider from some locals (aka Rocket fuel) - is there anywhere near there that I can pick it up? - I've normally bought it from some random guy, whilst queuing to get in the car parks!

thanks in advance for your help

From memory I think there's a hungry horse type place next to the hotel, definitely not Michelin star stuff but its food, the town centre is walkable, as for the cider, in Somerset you can't drive more than a few miles without seeing a homemade 'cider for sale' sign at the side of the road, either follow one of these or google where to buy cider in Somerset. 

You could try Wilkins cider which is just up the road from Glastonbury, google it.

5 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

Hi guys, We're staying at the Glastonbury Premier inn for a night and going to the festival the next day due to having a fair distance to travel. 

Are there any decent pubs and places to eat near there? (Not looking for Michelin stars!!!)

Which is the best route to get to the festival to car parks for camping in Pennards? (A mate is setting up our tents!)

I've previously bought some home made Cask cider from some locals (aka Rocket fuel) - is there anywhere near there that I can pick it up? - I've normally bought it from some random guy, whilst queuing to get in the car parks!

Walking into Glastonbury town centre will take you about 15-20 mins from the Premier Inn which has a Brewers Fayre pub attached.

In town the 'Who'd A Thought It' (bottom of the High Street just along Northload St) is a decent cosy place....good ales, ciders and food.  It's also only a few meters from the famous Knights Fish & Chips shop....possibly the best chippy in the South West.  In the High St the George & Pilgrim is also worth a visit for the history alone....ask about the ghost.

If you're looking for fellow Glasto go-ers head to The Riflemans Arms top of town just out on the A361 is the place to go.

14 hours ago, Clubber Lang said:

there's a pub in town called The Who'd Have Thought It

http://www.whodathoughtit.co.uk/

which is a pub & restaurant, with the restaurant pretty decent and not too expensive.

The bocabar about 100 yards away does decent food. Hawthorns in Glastonbury does superb authentic curry, not like a curry house but as it is in the country it comes from. The king arthur is probably the best pub (i would avoid the market tavern unless you like cheap laminate floors and shite lager). The Who'dy is ok and Knights chippy good. Jack is correct about the Riflemans . 

Heck's cider farm is about a mile from the Premier inn and is you best bet. The Kingsdon Black is excellent but it will all do the job.

Off track a little, I'm going to Glastonbury Easter weekend, staying at hawthornes. Gonna take a stroll round the farm hopefully, see the tor, abbey etc. Where's good for an Easter Sunday booze? Anywhere open late?

Sorry @Clubber Langcrashing your thread

"Where's good for an Easter Sunday booze? Anywhere open late?"

King Arthur is always good and probably music on as well but Hawthorne's is good all round.

You could always do a quick spin round the town - Hawthornes to the Billy, Mitre, Arthur, George and Pilgrim, Beckets and finish in the Riflemans. You would see all sides of Glastonbury then.....

15 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

I've been to The Glastonbury Premier Inn on the Monday after the festival. It was bleak beyond any words that I can come up with. You'd have to have accidentally received a brain injury to be pleased with the place. That is, unless it wasn't accidental. 

Isn't that just the standard Premier inn experience? 

1 hour ago, Smeble said:

Isn't that just the standard Premier inn experience? 

Possibly. The room itself wasn't that bad. It even had a little kettle, which proved to be handy for making some mushroom tea. It was it's location out of town among large retail outlets and industrial warehouses etc that proved bleak. I don't think I've been in a Premier Inn before, so not really clued up on where they locate them elsewhere, in terms of their actual proximity to a town. As an aside, the BBC had booked near enough the whole hotel for their staff on the days over the festival period. 

Has to be the Rifes (Rifelmans) for the annual Egg Roll down the Tor and the following Egg Sumo Basho!!!

A staple Glastonbury Easter event and well worth seeing or partaking in.

Facebook has details if you care to search.

Dont forget to take an egg.

Edited by HalfAnIdiot
typo

On 14 March 2017 at 10:23 PM, HalfAnIdiot said:

Has to be the Rifes (Rifelmans) for the annual Egg Roll down the Tor and the following Egg Sumo Basho!!!

A stable Glastobury Easter event and well worth seeing or partaking in.

Facebook has details if you care to search.

Dont forget to take an egg.

You had me at egg. Thanks for that, sounds ace, hopefully pop along to that

I think your Glastonbury questions have pretty much been answered, but if you follow the bypass in the opposite direction to Glastonbury and head towards Street you can find the Clarks Village outlet stores (probs a 15/20 minute walk or so). There's also restaurants and stuff there too. That's just if you're interested in shopping at all. If not, I'd stick to Glastonbury.