Glasgow Summer Sessions 2017

kingcrawler

17 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

So this seems to be happening again, I'm a bit surprised as I didn't think they'd bother doing both TRNSMT and this. I guess Eminem must be pretty likely again but other than that no one else seems too likely.

I imagine Eminem is absolutely nailed on for it. I reckon some big dance/dj thing with who they have at Creamfields this year and won't be surprised with Pendulum being involved.

Surprised this is actually going ahead. I presumed TRNSMT, 6Music and Kelvin bandstand gigs would have saturated the market. Not that I'm complaining. I love that Glasgow has all this going on. 

Likely to be the likes of Eminem, DJ types etc. as last years was pretty rock based and TRNSMT fills the rock market.

Edited by Tartan_Glasto

• 2 weeks later...
20 hours ago, Colfaedee said:

Foo Fighters?  They'll still be playing European festivals round the time Summer Sessions is on.     

They could but I really don't think so. They played Murrayfield in September 2015 on the SH tour and they do not regularly come to Scotland. I doubt they'd come back until they have another album but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong. 

• 3 months later...

if there is any more as part of Summer Sessions (DF Concerts) then they wont be announced until after TRNSMT as it'll take ticket sales away from that, but as there is now 2 shows in the park (other is AEG 4th Juily Green Day)  they are limited to only another 1 and it's a bit late in the day to get publicity and tickets sold.

Would need to be a massive name that would sell out within a day or so to be worthwhile this late on, unlikely.

ta, D

4 hours ago, devilman said:

Well Green day was a great success wasn't it :(

Their gig is not connected to this though which is run by DF Concerts, the Green Day gig was by PCL Presents. I'd love to know what really happened there though and why the stage wasn't set up in time. I wonder if the set up of TRNSMT played a part.   

1 hour ago, Tartan_Glasto said:

Green Day looks like a case of promoters PCL taking on more than they can chew. 

I don't think PCL have promoted a big outdoor show before and you could tell. The photos of the stage posted on social media looked like what you'd get at a local Christmas light switch on. I suspect Green Day's crew showed up, realised it wouldn't hold their equipment or stage show and they deemed it unsafe. PCL are also promoting The xx's outdoor shows are SWG3 so hoping they've got their act together before then.

The Green Day gig was also due to be in an entirely different area than Summer Sessions normally is.

I doubt we're getting a 2nd Summer Sessions show this year. There are very few acts who could sell out a venue of that size in this short period of time.