1 act to play 2017.....

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like a few others have said The National would be my number one (other than Radiohead) pick. If they turned up on the poster I'd be ecstatic. However as those same others have said it's unlikely and is probably a bit of a stretch to satisfy @FuzzyDunlop's 'realistic' criteria.

So bearing that in mind the act I'm most looking forward to and would be most gutted about should by some weird twist of fate they not appear on the line up is The Avalanches. Wildflower has grown and grown on me, it's a regular one for spins at parties and I think they'll go down a storm on WH. 

1 hour ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Of only the realistic contenders, who is your 1 act you want on the line up? 

Mine is the Flaming Lips.

I have an awful feeling they will clash them with Radiohead, but first world problems and all that.

JP / Park headliner - Sunday. Please!

1 hour ago, verrymerry said:

Oh now that would be good having just reminisced about the time I missed them for Gorillaz!  I hope they're on when Eds on!!  If they play...

Flaming Lips for me too. I also missed them in 2010, it was the first headliner of my first glasto, so I stuck with the group I was with, who wanted to see Gorillaz. Seeing them this year might ease some of the regret I have at missing them. I'll be in bits when they play Do You Realize? though, as that's the song that was playing when my son was born, and I struggle to hold it together when I hear that in normal sober life, so at Glastonbury I'll have no chance!

4 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

As we've already got Radiohead mines definitely Avalanches, that is gonna be one hell of a set in (hopefully) the glorious sunshine

Just said that to my lad; imagine grooving to Avalanches in the afternoon sun;few beers,oh yes please!

55 minutes ago, GrowlerPhil said:

Grandaddy. At the Park hopefully! 

Absofuckinlutely. 

33 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

The Avalanches. Wildflower has grown and grown on me, it's a regular one for spins at parties and I think they'll go down a storm on WH. 

*sigh* Parties. I remember them. Having children ruins everything. That said, maybe the Avalanches need a spin at one of the younger Wofflings' next jelly and ice cream bashes. 

7 minutes ago, Woffy said:

Absofuckinlutely. 

*sigh* Parties. I remember them. Having children ruins everything. That said, maybe the Avalanches need a spin at one of the younger Wofflings' next jelly and ice cream bashes. 

Ah they'll be listening to all that hippity hoppity bippidy boppidy. Next thing you know they're putting you in a home because they've mistaken you singing the lyrics to Frontier Psychiatrist for Alzheimer's. Children, what a bunch of bastards.