Gorillaz

gmb1992

Birmingham standing £49.50 (£45.00 Ticket + £4.50 Fees) 
Manchester Standing £54.30 (£47.50 Ticket + £6.80 Fees)

Very odd how the fees as a percentage change between those 2 dates (havent check any other dates, all of the prices from ticketmaster) 

Edit: Just checked London Standing £61.15 (£55.00 Ticket + £6.15 Fees)
How are the fees higher for manchester than london?
Edited by Muppetmark
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm really enjoying the album. Not sure why its getting so much hate.

It doesnt sound much like Gorrilaz because of the many different collabs but I'm still liking it a lot. Specifically liking the Grace Jones one - Charger.

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

I'm really enjoying the album. Not sure why its getting so much hate.

It doesnt sound much like Gorrilaz because of the many different collabs but I'm still liking it a lot. Specifically liking the Grace Jones one - Charger.

I agree with this, probably too many collabs and it doesnt flow as well as Plastic Beach but there are some brilliant songs on there. 

4 hours ago, Muppetmark said:
Birmingham standing £49.50 (£45.00 Ticket + £4.50 Fees) 
Manchester Standing £54.30 (£47.50 Ticket + £6.80 Fees)

Very odd how the fees as a percentage change between those 2 dates (havent check any other dates, all of the prices from ticketmaster) 

Edit: Just checked London Standing £61.15 (£55.00 Ticket + £6.15 Fees)
How are the fees higher for manchester than london?

I've noticed "venue restoration" charges cropping up for the Apollo and the Ritz recently. Won't be surprised if the arena is doing that too. Usually about £1.50.

Surely that should come out of their revenue, rather than being covered by us. But what can you do.

Edited by Odessa

I went to the Manchester arena show on the last tour and it was incredible. Not massively sold on this album (yet) and I dunno if Mick Jones or Paul Simonon are touring with this tour so I'll probably swerve it. It was great last time though, loads of great guests (always a pleasure seeing Mark E Smith) they're worth checking out. Standing didn't even sell out last time, the hypes bigger but this albums worse so no idea what'll happen this time.

7 minutes ago, priest17 said:

I went to the Manchester arena show on the last tour and it was incredible. Not massively sold on this album (yet) and I dunno if Mick Jones or Paul Simonon are touring with this tour so I'll probably swerve it. It was great last time though, loads of great guests (always a pleasure seeing Mark E Smith) they're worth checking out. Standing didn't even sell out last time, the hypes bigger but this albums worse so no idea what'll happen this time.

I was at that gig also it was fantastic wasn't it! Thats why i need to go again!! Dont think PS or MJ are touring this time though from what i can see from current band on wiki.

1 minute ago, RossTC said:

I was at that gig also it was fantastic wasn't it! Thats why i need to go again!! Dont think PS or MJ are touring this time though from what i can see from current band on wiki.

It was phenomenal, I ended up working at the arena for a lot of my student life so try and avoid it all costs now though which again doesn't help ahah. I'm sure I'll see them again at some point, wish they weren't an arena band though, imagine 2/3 nights at the apollo instead (although I understand with the number of guests and visuals that may not be as appealing to perform from).

I was chatting to a security guard at the arena about the show when I worked there and he said Mark E was hilarious, didn't stop drinking till he had to gave his can to the guard to go onstage, fell off as he was leaving.