Gorillaz

gmb1992

Sanchez's is correct as you always use a possessive apostrophe with a proper name as in "Who is Kate Moss's boyfriend this week?"

I'm guessing it feels weird with Gorillaz's as Gorillaz is just a stylised spelling of the plural Gorillas which would obviously be Gorillas'.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, mcshed said:

Sanchez's is correct as you always use a possessive apostrophe with a proper name as in "Who is Kate Moss's boyfriend this week?"

I'm guessing it feels weird with Gorillaz's as Gorillaz is just a stylised spelling of the plural Gorillas which would obviously be Gorillas'.

So it should really be Gorillaz's then?

I actually quite liked this on first listen yesterday. Ascension is massive, and I think We Got the Power is great. Jenny Beth's contribution in inspired imo. 

Obviously it's no Demon Days, but there are plenty of good tunes on there. Love the Grace Jones one too, and Saturn Barz or whatever it's called has grown on me.

12 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

I feel obliged to go to that despite thinking the new record is no better than complete shite 

Im in the same boat, the new album is garbage, thanks for this though i thought tehy werent gonna tour uk. Will still buy a ticket and pray they play the better half of their catalogue.

What's the story with signing up to this presale?

Says you need to buy the album but then says '*no purchase necessary. UK dates only' when you go through to the page?

EDIT: Pretty clear actually. Means everyone attending UK dates needs to buy presumably.

Edited by ConorC

9 minutes ago, ConorC said:

What's the story with signing up to this presale?

Says you need to buy the album but then says '*no purchase necessary. UK dates only' when you go through to the page?

EDIT: Pretty clear actually. Means everyone attending UK dates needs to buy presumably.

You just click thru where it says *No purchase necessary on the site and sign up don't you?

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

You just click thru where it says *No purchase necessary on the site and sign up don't you?

Pretty sure you actually need to buy it.

You only have to just sign up for the European dates but for the UK ones think a purchase is required.

Saying that, I bought it 10 mins ago and am yet to receive a presale code anywhere as far as I can see.

5 minutes ago, ConorC said:

Pretty sure you actually need to buy it.

You only have to just sign up for the European dates but for the UK ones think a purchase is required.

Saying that, I bought it 10 mins ago and am yet to receive a presale code anywhere as far as I can see.

Yeah but the asterisk for the no purchase necessary is on the UK dates bit. I think the European presale and UK presale codes will be the same as they have the same signup pages. I'm pretty sure it's not legal to force people to buy something for the presale which is why they always have a workaround. But it's good to support the artist anyway, of course.

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Yeah but the asterisk for the no purchase necessary is on the UK dates bit. I think the European presale and UK presale codes will be the same as they have the same signup pages. I'm pretty sure it's not legal to force people to buy something for the presale which is why they always have a workaround. But it's good to support the artist anyway, of course.

Fair enough!

Not bought a physical copy of an album in ages anyway so it'll be good to get my hands on one. Liking the album too.

Edited by ConorC