Gorillaz

gmb1992

10 hours ago, chemica said:

Saw them tonight and wasn't sure what to expect after v mixed reviews on here. 

The show was fantastic. How people on here found it boring - I don't know if we were watching the same band!! 

Solid headliners for the summer.

In fairness I think people's opinions of them live were from when they headlined in 2010. It was one of their first big shows in the current live format and whilst I (and others) enjoyed the way it was done, I can see why it didn't translate to everyone.

Think those issues are well and truly gone now though. They were a lot smoother as a show by the autumn of 2010, let alone now. 

They were great in Margate in June and imagine they'll smash Boomtown. I think if they came back and did the Other Stage headliners they would go down very well too. 

Edited by strummer77

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

New album The Now Now announced for June 29th. Wonder if it was always the plan to release an album this fast or if this is a quick move to make up for how shite Humanz was? 

I imagine it'll be all the stuff left on the cutting room floor after Humanz.

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

New album The Now Now announced for June 29th. Wonder if it was always the plan to release an album this fast or if this is a quick move to make up for how shite Humanz was? 

Humanz one of the most disappointing records in recent memory. A garbage fire.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

Two new songs:

Humility
https://dbr.ee/d5gX

Lake Zurich
https://dbr.ee/AWh6

Really like both of those and I'm now 100% more excited for this new album.

Yeah, more groove in these two than the whole of Humanz. If the core band is the same, then maybe they've all gelled a bit more.

The strong live showing on the last tour was always promising. Come on Damon, you've got another chance, don't disappoint again, you won't get the benefit of the doubt again!

EDIT: Is it possible to download those or are they stream only?

Edited by stuartbert two hats

2 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Yeah, more groove in these two than the whole of Humanz. If the core band is the same, then maybe they've all gelled a bit more.

The strong live showing on the last tour was always promising. Come on Damon, you've got another chance, don't disappoint again, you won't get the benefit of the doubt again!

EDIT: Is it possible to download those or are they stream only?

Download button bottom right. 

Yup, just been playing Humanz again and still convinced it's underrated on here. It's probably too long and the skits are just filler but there's still plenty to get excited about. I prefer it to their debut, certainly prefer it to The Fall.