Gorillaz

gmb1992

44 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

good old, reliable De La Soul.  i'm sure they'd turn up to the opening of an envelope for the lad Albarn.

and their latest album is, in my opinion, considerably better than that of Gorillaz.

I thought Humanz was certainly an improvement on Plastic Beach, but nothing else they have produced has stood up against Demon Days. 

Haven't listened to much of De La Souls own stuff. Anything I need to start with?

21 minutes ago, reflekting said:

I thought Humanz was certainly an improvement on Plastic Beach, but nothing else they have produced has stood up against Demon Days. 

Haven't listened to much of De La Souls own stuff. Anything I need to start with?

'3 feet high and rising' is their classic album, from the late 80s, or just go for the latest '...and the anonymous nobody' from last year.  i'm also partial to 'art official intelligence' from about 15 years ago.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, reflekting said:

I agree that Demon Days is their masterpiece, but I'm much fonder of Plastic Beach than you are

I would rank their albums as follows:

1. Demon Days

2. Plastic Beach

3. Gorillaz

4. The Fall

500. Humanz

Seriously, it's behind D-Sides, live at Manchester Opera House, G-Sides, everything.  Such a disappointment.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, reflekting said:

Q actually gave Humanz their album of the year award. Crazy in this year considering the plethora of other excellent music but at least it's an acknowledgement that it is a decent album which I wouldn't dispute. 

Listened to it again recently and I thought it was a lot better than the initial reaction suggested.

Wouldn't make my top ten for the year though.

On ‎17‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 2:17 PM, Hugh Jass said:

This reminds me: Does anyone want a pair of seating tickets for Manchester? 30 quid for the pair (I paid £90).

Can't go anymore as Mrs Jass will be too pregnant. The reason for the suspiciously low price is that the tickets state "ID required", because of this I can't put them on Twickets and I haven't got any mates who are willing to take them. Chances are you'll be able to blag it on the gate (I've never actually been asked for ID going into a gig even when the tickets state so) but the low price reflects the risk.

Anyone interested drop me a message.

Bump!

Come on people!

While I don’t think it’ll be sitting atop my AOTY list, I still think it’s a fairly decent listen. Weaker than the last couple of Gorillaz albums and that last Blur, but better than Everyday Robots!!

Got a lot of love for that last De La Soul album as well, Memory Of in particular is a doozy…. drew the line at the track with Justin Hawkins mind!

9 hours ago, evilduck said:

Bloody hell tonight was a bit good! So many guest singers, 30 song setlist. They even made the new album tracks sound good, the whole place went mental for Ascension. 

Christ you got a fair few guests!! Lucky bugger!!

Saw at the o2 last night - what a show! I was surprised by how many songs were included from plastic beach and Demon Days - a long set list. Also special guests included Shaun Ryder for Dare and Noel Gallagher for We got the power. I'm a bit pregnant so it seated for us but would love to see a slot at Glastonbury 2019 and be in the thick of it. Damo did good and the crowd seemed to be really into all the songs...even from Humanz.