Gorillaz

gmb1992

2 hours ago, brendan84 said:

On the right where you came through the gates?

That was the queue for the gorillaz mobile recording studio

Was next to a merch stall

We asked people in the queue (as couldn't believe it was for merch) and they said they were queuing for the merchandise stall.....

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, K2SO said:

If they get an hour, this would be my predicted setlist:

(I Switched My Robot Off)
Ascention
Last Living Souls
Saturnz Bars
Stylo
Charger
Momentz
Strobelite
Sex Muder Party
She's My Collar
Dirty Harry
Let Me Out
DARE
We Got The Power
Feel Good Inc.
Clint Eastwood

This looks realistic but no Kids with Guns would disappoint me (assuming that they are playing (and that I do find out when and where (and I am in a suitable condition to turn up)))

On 6/12/2017 at 11:18 AM, magliad said:

How credible are the Gorillaz rumours? Can I get excited or should I prepare for disappointment?

the whisper i've had has come from someone with a small history of telling me only perfect info.

So my presumption is that it's 100% accurate, tho of course I can't guarantee it.

12 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

@eFestivals, any guesses or further info on slot? Nothing obvious looking at the SecretGlasto thread.

I've got more info than i'm saying.

I'm not saying because I think there's a strong risk of causing it to not happen if I did - so works to no ones advantage.

(I'm keeping quiet about details for another supposed secret set, on the same basis).

Just now, eFestivals said:

I've got more info than i'm saying.

I'm not saying because I think there's a strong risk of causing it to not happen if I did - so works to no ones advantage.

(I'm keeping quiet about details for another supposed secret set, on the same basis).

Fair enough, any chance of disclosure nearer to the time?  Like on the day?

11 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't that going off the thought that the Other Stage was vacated by Dizzee and to be replaced by someone else on the bill?

I'm still thinking that's perhaps right, and that Liam might have been moved from JP to Other. There's a few things which are suggestive of that, tho it might be me adding 2 + 2 and getting 5.

1 minute ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Fair enough, any chance of disclosure nearer to the time?  Like on the day?

it's not impossible, but it'll be down to how I feel on the day - if I even think about / am sober enough to think / am sober enough to work my phone / etc.

It's probably more likely I won't than I will - cos the same crowding issues apply at any time its said - but like I say it's not impossible.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it's not impossible, but it'll be down to how I feel on the day - if I even think about / am sober enough to think / am sober enough to work my phone / etc.

It's probably more likely I won't than I will - cos the same crowding issues apply at any time its said - but like I say it's not impossible.

I know I've said this before in jest, but SecretGlasto does believe in responsible release of information to prevent crushes.  We could release on the day if you told us in advance.  I understand if you want to keep it to yourself.

2 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

there's supposedly a secret thom Yorke DJ set. Supposedly on Friday or Saturday night, in one of the Greenpeace tents.

Saw this from another poster on here, are you just going off that or do you have your own separate info backing this up?

15 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I know I've said this before in jest, but SecretGlasto does believe in responsible release of information to prevent crushes.  We could release on the day if you told us in advance.  I understand if you want to keep it to yourself.

releasing on the day would still cause many more people to go to that place than would otherwise be there, and where it might not be safe for those numbers - which is why I'm saying it's unlikely that I'll be doing it.

Reckon if we get to Sunday and there's still a good chance of Gorillaz doing that slot I'll just stay in the tent for Frank Carter after King Gizz. No huge loss missing Gibb - he's got bangers but we all know he's going to be crap - and it'll be probably impossible to get into the tent otherwise.

(Does mean a 5 act run in the JP though which is potentially a bit dull. But when they're such great acts...)

• Downvote 2