Gorillaz

gmb1992

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

Hallelujah Money is fucking terrible.

Whole album is a massive step down from what came before it IMO.

I have vaguely mixed feelings on that song, but I mainly agree.  It's odd and feels like maybe in the right context it could be an effective song.  It certainly left me with the creeps the day after Trump was elected.  But more than feeling creeped out, I mainly thought "it's not as catchy as Stylo"

I don't know if there is a good context for it, but it's not jammed 2/3 way through this hodgepodge of outtakes that is the latest Gorillaz album.  I fucking love that band, but I can't make it through their new record.  A strong EPs worth of stuff on there, but not a good LP experience.

20 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I have vaguely mixed feelings on that song, but I mainly agree.  It's odd and feels like maybe in the right context it could be an effective song.  It certainly left me with the creeps the day after Trump was elected.  But more than feeling creeped out, I mainly thought "it's not as catchy as Stylo"

I don't know if there is a good context for it, but it's not jammed 2/3 way through this hodgepodge of outtakes that is the latest Gorillaz album.  I fucking love that band, but I can't make it through their new record.  A strong EPs worth of stuff on there, but not a good LP experience.

Sleeping Powder is on of the best tunes from these sessions and it didn't make the album (might have been too late)

My plans to grab a cheap ticket for the o2 have been foiled by the realisation that they're doing that name checking bullshit. The gig's been on sale for months and hasn't sold out! Massive pain in the arse and pointless anti-fan bollocks. Am still very keen to see them though, sets are shaping up nicely especially now On Melancholy Hill and Feel Good Inc are back in there. So maybe I'll cough up for one of the remaining seats.

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

My plans to grab a cheap ticket for the o2 have been foiled by the realisation that they're doing that name checking bullshit. The gig's been on sale for months and hasn't sold out! Massive pain in the arse and pointless anti-fan bollocks. Am still very keen to see them though, sets are shaping up nicely especially now On Melancholy Hill and Feel Good Inc are back in there. So maybe I'll cough up for one of the remaining seats.

I bought a pair of tickets for Manchester but can't go now and have no way of selling them. Ticketmaster said if someone else wants to buy them I have to contact TM with the person's card details and they'll swap the booking over. Makes selling it online impossible.

I applaud any and all anti-touting measures but not being to sell a ticket at face value is just bullshit.

10 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Not sure what your listening via but the Apple Music version includes a load of bonus tracks that drag the album out, I hadn't realised until after a few run throughs. Chopping it after We Got The Power has meant I've found it far easier to digest.

20 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Not sure what your listening via but the Apple Music version includes a load of bonus tracks that drag the album out, I hadn't realised until after a few run throughs. Chopping it after We Got The Power has meant I've found it far easier to digest.

What so you're missing off the one featuring Rag 'N' Bone Man???

1 hour ago, Badlands said:

Same on Spotify, but the sequencing is so whack, that there are weaker songs on the main body of the album than in the bonus tracks. So there's no real good place to cut things off.

Maybe a resequencing could improve it, I dunno.

41 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Am I missing anything? I'm a fossil in a digital world, I've hated deluxe albums all my puff!! Just give me your best tracks.

Nah I'm just being daft. I usually don't bother with deluxe tracks either but the whole of Humanz didn't seem to flow anyway so a bunch more tracks heaped on doesnt seem to affect things.

Tbh the only track that left an impression on me was Ascension but I'm not a huge Gorillaz fan anyway.

• 1 month later...
35 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Playing Open'er next summer which means they'll be active for most of next year too. Wonder if they'll turn up at any UK fests? Lattitude perhaps? 

Would be a little surprised if it ain't BST Hyde Park. Blur have shown up at Hyde Park enough times to make you think Damon quite likes the place and what's more, the upcoming Gorillaz tour and Demon Dayz promoted by the company that runs BST.

Edited by dentalplan

7 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Would be a little surprised if it ain't BST Hyde Park. Blur have shown up at Hyde Park enough times to make you think Damon quite likes the place and what's more, the upcoming Gorillaz tour and Demon Dayz promoted by the company that runs BST.

That would have "£2.50 tickets the week before" written all over it.

• 2 weeks later...

So the london show has an incredible line up, pusha t, mos def and vince staples... my question is will this be the whole uk leg. Im going to the Manchester show and knowing the line up london is gonna get is making me feel like just selling my ticket. The new album is piss poor also.

20 minutes ago, Ryanp1993 said:

So the london show has an incredible line up, pusha t, mos def and vince staples... my question is will this be the whole uk leg. Im going to the Manchester show and knowing the line up london is gonna get is making me feel like just selling my ticket. The new album is piss poor also.

They'll only be on for about one each to be honest. I'm guessing as its a specifically London announcement the guests will be specifically for London. 

• Upvote 1

This reminds me: Does anyone want a pair of seating tickets for Manchester? 30 quid for the pair (I paid £90).

Can't go anymore as Mrs Jass will be too pregnant. The reason for the suspiciously low price is that the tickets state "ID required", because of this I can't put them on Twickets and I haven't got any mates who are willing to take them. Chances are you'll be able to blag it on the gate (I've never actually been asked for ID going into a gig even when the tickets state so) but the low price reflects the risk.

Anyone interested drop me a message.

3 hours ago, the wonderwhy said:

They'll only be on for about one each to be honest. I'm guessing as its a specifically London announcement the guests will be specifically for London. 

Ill jist wait for an announcement I guess, pretty dissapointing though. Cheers for the reply!

8 hours ago, Ryanp1993 said:

Noel G must be a shoe in for Manchester, I'm slightly disappointed D.R.A.M. isn't showing up as Andromeda is my favourite song on Humanz, but very pleased Mos Def and De La Soul are showing up for Stylo and Feel Good Inc. 

Edited by reflekting