Gorillaz

gmb1992

11 minutes ago, Tommy101 said:

No evidence for that mind. Just my feeling after playing so much of their new album (and B Sides, bonus tracks etc) at recent shows that it's unlikely to be a hits show. At the same time Damon knows what he is doing, and how festivals work so a set balanced 50/50 makes sense. Still proud to show off his new stuff while giving the crowd some familiar stuff. It may also be influenced by what guests are on site and willing to perform as a guest. 

Too late now Tommy, i've taken what you've said as gospel, if just one of the hits is missed then you are taking full responsibility.

I'm not sure they have quite the flexibility - in either mindset or personnel - to do a 'hits' set.

With it being a secret set, I reckon they'll just do what they want - new stuff mainly. With it being shorter, there will just be less of it.

5 minutes ago, Homer said:

I'm not sure they have quite the flexibility - in either mindset or personnel - to do a 'hits' set.

With it being a secret set, I reckon they'll just do what they want - new stuff mainly. With it being shorter, there will just be less of it.

I can just hang around and talk to my mates loudly until a song i recognise comes on.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Queues for the merch were the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Hundreds of people! They must have made a fortune. 

Yeah I've never seen anything like it. Maybe you got a bit of weed with every purchase as that's all I smelt all day.

2 hours ago, RossTC said:

Any decent merch on offer? Nothing on the website as it stands.

It seemed to me that all the specific DemonDayz t shirts went very early. I wondered past at about 4.15 just before De La Soul and they all had 'sold out' stickers on them

If they get an hour, this would be my predicted setlist:

(I Switched My Robot Off)
Ascention
Last Living Souls
Saturnz Bars
Stylo
Charger
Momentz
Strobelite
Sex Muder Party
She's My Collar
Dirty Harry
Let Me Out
DARE
We Got The Power
Feel Good Inc.
Clint Eastwood

3 hours ago, Blank Expression said:

I think the set list will heavily depend on what collaborators are at the festival

Well I'd say that it makes certain songs more possible. But not having De La Soul there won't rule out Momentz (for example), as they even have it nailed with the tapes.

Edited by K2SO

10 hours ago, somecoolusername said:

Queues for the merch were the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen. Hundreds of people! They must have made a fortune. 

On the right where you came through the gates?

That was the queue for the gorillaz mobile recording studio

Was next to a merch stall

Edited by brendan84

10 minutes ago, lazzareo said:

If they are on which day do you think they'll be on?  Is Sunday night a possibility?

Still just a guess but the most likely surely has to be the Sunday John Peel TBA at 17.30. A small enough stage for a performance by them to be really special but not so small that it's gonna cause massive crowd problems.

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Still just a guess but the most likely surely has to be the Sunday John Peel TBA at 17.30. A small enough stage for a performance by them to be really special but not so small that it's gonna cause massive crowd problems.

After Neil said he'd heard Gorillaz were playing and had been told where they were playing, he still thought that JP slot was gonna be Liam Gallagher, so I'm not sure.

26 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

After Neil said he'd heard Gorillaz were playing and had been told where they were playing, he still thought that JP slot was gonna be Liam Gallagher, so I'm not sure.

Wasn't that going off the thought that the Other Stage was vacated by Dizzee and to be replaced by someone else on the bill?

9 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Wasn't that going off the thought that the Other Stage was vacated by Dizzee and to be replaced by someone else on the bill?

Yep, but if he'd been told Gorillaz were on the John Peel he'd surely have thought they were in that slot and Liam must be elsewhere (potentially the Park slot)?