Gorillaz

gmb1992

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I'd say so.  This Is Hardcore stalled the momentum and even though they were still (sort of) headline-sized for a while, the TIH-heavy shows they played around that period seemed to pretty much turn off the casual voters.  Seem to recall them playing Seductive Barry at one such show ffs.

Then We Love Life tanked, and Island Records of whoever it was were twisting their arm to do a greatest hits.

Nothing to do with the discussion on popular they were, but We Love Life is my favourite album of theirs by quite some distance.

23 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I'm pretttty sure you had info putting Liam on Other, although it was as a headliner alongside Wiley (and another) which obviously didn't/wasn't gonna happen.

Gorillaz and Liam are pretty interchangeable for those two slots imo. Can't say I'd be too excited to see Gorillaz live after their new album and I'd love to belt out those Oasis songs Liam's been doing in a stuffed little tent so definitely hoping it's Gorillaz Other and Liam JP.

Pretty sure it was Justice, Wiley, Stormzy and Liam Gallagher on Other with the first two headlining.

21 hours ago, MattDavies__ said:

Hold up, wasn't that the original co-headline?

21 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Hmm maybe you're right - my only reference is the Wikipedia entry and it just has them below The Strokes.

Think Pulp just subbed them in 2002 and then they obviously co-headlined in 2011.

Based on no evidence at all and a lot of hope, if avalanches and run the jewels are both playing on Saturday and both have songs in their setlist featuring Danny Brown, if Danny Brown magically appears at the farm to play with both of them he will most likely perform with Gorillaz too which could see them play on Saturday

Edited by zak14

On 07/06/2017 at 8:15 PM, brendan84 said:

Off to margate on Friday , demon dayz Saturday 

So a bonus if they show at glastonbury for me!

I'm looking forward to watching demon dayz on sat. Only prob won't be there but gonna watch it being live streamed on  red bull tv.

https://www.redbull.tv/channel/events

Got bonnaroo streaming this weekend aswell.. 

Edited by LifeBegins@What???

Enjoyed last night, although I did feel it sagged in places. That might be because I'm not au fait with the new album yet.

An absolutely banging version of Stylo was worth the six quid alone, don't think Ryder knew what day it was on Dare.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Will say that security was nowhere as tight as I was expecting last night. Got to the venue at about 7.40 and waltzed straight in. No ID check, just a mild pat down and a fleeting glimpse in my bag, no worse than going into a gig any time.

Edited by Hugh Jass