Campervan Tickets - East

smiley33

On 3/6/2017 at 0:17 PM, smiley33 said:

Hi I need 2 campervan tickets for East if anyone is looking to sell as they're now not going.  Cheers. 

They are linked to your festival ticket so unless you can travel in with whoever you buy from this is possibly no longer an option. Although in 2016 no checks were made due to the conditions its a big risk to take.

Passes were available during the resale last year and it may be worthwhile setting up a page checker to alert you. efestivals have one - see http://www.checkpage.co.uk/:)  

Edited by StoneCircle

2 hours ago, StoneCircle said:

They are linked to your festival ticket so unless you can travel in with whoever you buy from this is possibly no longer an option. Although in 2016 no checks were made due to the conditions its a big risk to take.

Passes were available during the resale last year and it may be worthwhile setting up a page checker to alert you. efestivals have one - see http://www.checkpage.co.uk/:)  

Are they? I didn't think they were linked last year??

43 minutes ago, Superscally said:

How were they linked? No checks whatsoever...

the CV ticket had a name on.

The idea is that the CV ticket name and the entrance ticket name should match.

Everything went to shit at the CV gates last year, because of the chaos caused by the weather. There weren't even the normal glass checks when I went thru the gates.

It's likely the glass checks will be back this year, along with the checking of the CV tickets which should have happened last year. Just as with the named entrance tickets with photos, Glasto haven't put these measures in place with the intention of not-checking at the entrance.

15 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Compared to last year what are the queues like when they are checking for glass?

They don't check everybody necessarily, they ask you if you have any glass and sometimes ask to look in your vehicle, in 2015 they checked our friends but not us although they asked us. They checks aren't massively exhaustive. When the weather is ok it doesn't seem to have any significant impact on the queues.

9 minutes ago, Ben Holland said:

Stupid question time: If you have a standard ticket, can you till go to the campervan field? For example to meet up with friends who do have campervan? I've been to Glasto 5 times and never been to that field as I always just take a tent and camp on Bushy field site. 

Yep, if it's CV east you're just going out of gate C, you'll be given a pass out that you'll need to keep to get back in, but anybody can go into the CV fields if they want or need to.

4 hours ago, Superscally said:

How were they linked? No checks whatsoever...

3 hours ago, eFestivals said:

Everything went to shit at the CV gates last year, because of the chaos caused by the weather. There weren't even the normal glass checks when I went thru the gates.

It's likely the glass checks will be back this year, along with the checking of the CV tickets which should have happened last year. Just as with the named entrance tickets with photos, Glasto haven't put these measures in place with the intention of not-checking at the entrance.

This ^^^ B)

1 hour ago, Deaf Nobby Burton said:

Yep, if it's CV east you're just going out of gate C, you'll be given a pass out that you'll need to keep to get back in, but anybody can go into the CV fields if they want or need to.

Remember that to go in and out of the main site to CV East you also have to present your main festival ticket each time you go in or out.  So you have to carry that with you. If you lose it you're stuffed, whereas in the main site, once you are in you don't need your festival ticket.

On 07/03/2017 at 11:43 AM, eFestivals said:

Wow. Never even knew. I reckon there's a lot of people who were in that boat and still will be. As campervans are multiperson things, unlike your ticket, it makes no sense to link them. It wasn't as if there was a booming trade in touted CV tickets...

1 hour ago, Superscally said:

Wow. Never even knew. I reckon there's a lot of people who were in that boat and still will be. As campervans are multiperson things, unlike your ticket, it makes no sense to link them. It wasn't as if there was a booming trade in touted CV tickets...

There apparently was a booming trade in touted cv tickets which caused the changes to prevent it.....

I recall hearing that people were paying up to £400 for a touted CV ticket, before the system changed.

Also, security checks appear to be random. They were easy when it was just volunteer stewards checking, however now they have professional security on hand, and it's got tougher (when the weather is OK!). A couple of years ago, the security guy looked in our oven, toiletry cupboards and wardrobes! But he didn't seem to realise there are storage areas under the floor .......:rofl: