The Kaiser Chiefs

Fladog

There's big rumours going round that the Kaiser Chief will be sub headline to the foo fighters!!!!

Apart from 1 or 2 catching little songs years ago (been very kind) have they ever actually done anything decent to be even considered on the line up let alone a sub headline slot on the pyramid stage???

Does anyone even listen to them anymore???

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just played a massive arena tour including The O2, so clearly people still listen to them. Whether they merit being booked anymore is debatable, but they don't deserve to be booked any less than the likes of Liam Gallagher and James who get booked based on what they achieved 20 years ago rather than the quality of their recent output. I certainly don't think a high slot on the main two stages should be wasted on them, but if Glastonbury only booked acts currently at their commercial peak they'd never fill the stages.

Edited by Zac Quinn

As we've seen over the last couple of years it's seemingly the case that some of the bigger headliners get a say in who their sub is (Stones and Primal Scream, The Who and Weller) so it could be the case the Foo Fighters (for some reason) chose them. I hope not and am not convinced that it's gonna happen, but am preparing for the worst.

Foos and Kaisers are friends. This was on the screens during KC's encore break during their arena tour a few years ago.

I like Kaisers. Think they are great fun and always good live! However, I was at the O2 last week and had to ask security what the actual attendance was. When we got in, the top tier had been closed, and most of the seats were empty. Apparently less than 8,000 tickets were sold.

I still had fun all the same :)

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

As we've seen over the last couple of years it's seemingly the case that some of the bigger headliners get a say in who their sub is (Stones and Primal Scream, The Who and Weller) so it could be the case the Foo Fighters (for some reason) chose them. I hope not and am not convinced that it's gonna happen, but am preparing for the worst.

It's like me standing next to a really ugly bloke in a club when girls walk past. I'm still ugly, just more palatable.

1 minute ago, K2SO said:

Foos and Kaisers are friends. This was on the screens during KC's encore break during their arena tour a few years ago.

I like Kaisers. Think they are great fun and always good live! However, I was at the O2 last week and had to ask security what the actual attendance was. When we got in, the top tier had been closed, and most of the seats were empty. Apparently less than 8,000 tickets were sold.

I still had fun all the same :)

Yeah the resurgence they had from Ricky being on The Voice has all but died out now. But they were booked for a high slot at Reading even at their very lowest point commercially, so that probably won't affect them too much.

I saw them from afar last year at the Boardmasters Festival. It was quite pitiful really, bashing out novelty-indie from ten years ago and trying the get a neutral crowd enthused about new stuff that was off the radar to most. I can understand they have a place there somewhere, but subbing the Pyramid, it is not.

I have no intention to watch the Foo Fighters so KC subbing works really well for me. No reason to bother with the Pyramid that full evening. Last year after leaving Beck to get to the acoustic stage, it was a real struggle - fighting our way out of the pit as hoards of Coldplay fans walked towards me.....

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

I have no intention to watch the Foo Fighters so KC subbing works really well for me. No reason to bother with the Pyramid that full evening. Last year after leaving Beck to get to the acoustic stage, it was a real struggle - fighting our way out of the pit as hoards of Coldplay fans walked towards me.....

"hoards of coldplay fans", sounds like a scene from the walking dead

Was dragged along last Wednesday, my friend's mate dropped out.

I don't usually pass up on a freebie to live music, but to say the Kaiser chiefs were very "middle of the road" would be putting it lightly.

And I will second that the 02 was barely half full....I was there a few weeks before for Black Sabbath's "final" ;) tour and it felt so much bigger with no curtains covering the upper tier.

So for me, not my cuppa atall and would be disappointed to see the sub headline any big stage, a waste.

Then again, who am I to judge. I can play about 3 chords on a guitar, and hit the crap out of a drum kit to no rhythm whatsoever.

Edited by joeltg

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Why cant Dave use that power to get Royal Blood or someone booked instead of wasting the slot on Kaisers. 

1 hour ago, TomViolence said:

It's just not going to happen. Happy to make a charity bet with someone :)

I agree

They wouldn't sub headline the pyramid in 2017, it's not happening.

I can see them getting a slightly higher than usual slot on that day though, possibly nabbing 4th down

Surely to goodness this can't happen even if Dave Grohl is best mates with Ricky? I can't remember them having done anything new in the last 5, possibly more, years. I know their profile may have been "raised2 by Ricky's appearance on The Voice and I think he has done some stuff on 6Music recently but even so. 

Edited by ripcurl85
Spelling error corrected

1 hour ago, sunnydaysblue said:

When you say rumoured do you mean the fake clash finder?

Going from opening the other in 2013 to subbing Foo Fighters? Hmmmm weirder things have happened I suppose.

Someone told us on here they'd been told Kaisers are subbing Foos, which is why they've been below them in loads of predictions including the one on clashfinder.

I think the info about them subbing Foos could easily have just meant they're on the Pyramid that day and has been mixed up a bit as it's been passed along.