K2SO

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, gregory said:

Another opportunity for them to announce some acts...

Fingers crossed! I'm getting a bit impatient, but then again the festival was only announced three months beforehand and the album around two monts(?), a lot of notice isn't Gorillaz strong suit!

8 hours ago, gregory said:

They made some small changes to the DDz website last night, so hopefully that means the lineup is imminent 

Hopefully with the album coming out this week we'll get some news, or next week at the latest. Anything after that and it'll only be a month before we'll be there! 

I cant imagine this will be an instalment announcement , it'll be the full poster so I'm excited to have a look through it :D 

4 minutes ago, gregory said:

Re: artists on the album performing live w/ Gorillaz:  "At some point, there will be everyone this year - everyone will be there. You can't expect Mavis Staples to do all the shows, but she's definitely going to do some of them". 

Will DD be the 'point'?

I've been checking social media all day expecting an announcement but it doesn't look like it's coming. I think if they're all going to be together at some point, it will be the festival that's curated by them and their first real live show back, at least I hope so!

I doubt we'll get an 'announcement this week' or anything either, so it's just going to drop one day when we don't expect it... probably when we're driving to Margate at this rate:lol:

5 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

I've been checking social media all day expecting an announcement but it doesn't look like it's coming. I think if they're all going to be together at some point, it will be the festival that's curated by them and their first real live show back, at least I hope so!

I doubt we'll get an 'announcement this week' or anything either, so it's just going to drop one day when we don't expect it... probably when we're driving to Margate at this rate:lol:

Haha. What do you think of the album?

5 minutes ago, gregory said:

Haha. What do you think of the album?

It's different to the 'classic' Gorillaz but I do like it, only given it the one listen so far though and had to stop towards the end(was on the drive to work) but I'm excited to hear it live, I just hope it isn't all of Humanz and then three hits like the London show... but maybe we'll get a bit of a longer set. You? 

Id probably say Let Me Out and the one with Rag n Bone Man are the two I took notice of the most, and I'm still to listen to the last few songs(to be rectified on the drive home!). Then I'll give it a second listen, a few of the singles they released had to grow on me so I'm sure it'll be the case with the rest.

I just looked myself out of interest and I was able to put standing tickets into my basket for Manchester and Birmingham, seems strange 5 1/2 hours after pre-sale started!

It really wouldn't surprise me if the Demon Dayz line up is out the week of the event at this point, I just hope it isn't the day of. I can't help but feel they'd be better off just announcing it though, because all this is doing is increasing speculation as to who might be playing which inevitably then raises expectations. I'm sure it's the typical Gorillaz 'last minute, high suspense' thing, but it just takes the attention from the 'Oh god, I'm seeing Gorillaz!!' when the rest of the line ups in debate.

Of course the other possiblity is they don't have everyone booked yet :lol: I'm not even going to bother trying to guess who's there who isn't a guest on Humanz (if anyone), but so long as I get Gorillaz and one of Noel, Graham Coxon, De La Soul and Rag n Bone Man doing a solo set I'll be very happy.

Edited by alexlloyd