K2SO

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

4 hours ago, gregory said:

I'm convinced now it's RTJ but they can't announce until either Field Day sells out / happens. So reckon if it's them they'll announce on June 5th. 

Yeah I'm not expecting to hear until the week of now, I think Noel/RTJ are the most likely, Snoop might be an option but there's no reason to think he's even going to be in the country that weekend as he doesn't have a single live show scheduled anywhere (on his website, at least).

I checked Rag'n'Bone Man's schedule and he's at Wildlife on the Saturday so presumably that's why he's not on the line up. He does look as though he's on early though and with it being Brighton he may appear for The Apprentice, hopefully because I'd say that's my favourite track off Humanz. Not sure if he was going to be on the line up he'd be big enough for the 'special guest' billing though?

I'm struggling to think of many more optons, but to be honest I think I'd happily have any of those four. RTJ do seem likely after getting announce for Parklife so late, but they have no links to Gorillaz/Humanz so maybe someone who's going to guest during Gorillaz set is a more realistic option?

3 hours ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'd agree RTJ are likely, but it would mean them playing four nights in a row. Would they do that? My money is still on Noel. 

I think a part of me is just not considering Noel because of how excited I will get if it is :lol: He might not fit the genre of the rest of the acts but it is meant to be a 'festival' so I'd welcome some variety... plus adding a man who charges £60 on his own arena tours to sub headline would make the line up look very strong, and that's before you consider his potential set list :rolleyes:.

55 minutes ago, titchjuicy said:

I've heard that Graham Coxon might be the special guest.

From where? Coxon isn't bigger than De La Soul or Vince Staples. Also, Coxon hasn't played a solo show in how many years? Calling BS...

Edited by gregory

I would quite like to have seen Graham Coxon on the line up but I have to agree, it would be underwhelming if he was the special guest at this stage, particularly as it looks like they're leaving it until the week or week before to announce.

I've listened through the line up and while it isn't normally my kind of music I'm looking forward to seeing Vince Staples and Danny Brown, De La Soul I've seen before and they'll be good to get the crowd going. Fufanu don't sound too bad either, the only band on the line up really, I wonder if there's some sort of connection to Damon because I remember them being on Blur's Hyde Park gig in 2015.

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

LEAked set setlist supposedly by one of the guests 

was taken down but found it copied on instagram

IMG_0810.PNG

27 songs? I doubt it, but fingers crossed. Garage Palace is a currently unreleased song ft. Little Simz, which adds some credibility. But no 19-2000 or Melancholy Hill :'( 

Honestly I was expecting the whole album front to back and then an encore of hits, so this is surprising. 

40 minutes ago, gregory said:

27 songs? I doubt it, but fingers crossed. Garage Palace is a currently unreleased song ft. Little Simz, which adds some credibility. But no 19-2000 or Melancholy Hill :'( 

Honestly I was expecting the whole album front to back and then an encore of hits, so this is surprising. 

yeah me and my friend were both annoyed at lack of 19-2000/ melancholy Hill and superfast jellyfish, especially as de la soul are already there

some of Humanz is awful and it's annoying some of the better old songs have been ditched for too many new songs that cant compare

8 minutes ago, AledW98 said:

Where did you find this info? I can't find it anywhere. I wish they'd have announced it a little earlier so that I could get to know the act in case I don't already like I did with a few of the others

Everywhere; Facebook/Twitter etc. They said something like 'keep an eye on the Spotify playlist to find out the guest first'