Demon Dayz Festival

K2SO

They're in a difficult position / kind of made a mistake because now they will have to announce Demon Dayz lineup after the autumn tour is sold out and (hopefully, assuming DD has a good lineup and all the album guests showing up as Damon said) will leave the autumn ticket holders with high expectations. 

Edited by gregory

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, gregory said:

They're in a difficult position / kind of made a mistake because now they will have to announce Demon Dayz lineup after the autumn tour is sold out and (hopefully, assuming DD has a good lineup and all the album guests showing up as Damon said) will leave the autumn ticket holders with high expectations. 

Agreed. Especially as the ticket prices for DD and the tickets for the tour aren't a million miles away from each other price wise. 

13 minutes ago, gregory said:

If anyone with a ticket for the tour thinks it's going to be anywhere near similar to a one off whole day event, they're an idiot

51 minutes ago, Adamon said:

I don't think i've ever been to a festival that hasn't released the lineup this close to the event. Literally no idea of when it might drop either. Puts me on edge.

Yeah, I'm sure many did but I didn't pay £70 just to see Gorillaz, they advertised it as a festival with 3 stages and a full line-up and so I have expectations 

38 minutes ago, gregory said:

Yeah, I'm sure many did but I didn't pay £70 just to see Gorillaz, they advertised it as a festival with 3 stages and a full line-up and so I have expectations 

Exactly! Not only £70 but an extra £30 for the bus (or £15 for park and ride). It makes me feel better at least knowing that the tickets just for gorillaz were a similar price but yeah, i am expecting what was advertised, hopefully they're just being secretive. 

Main stage has Vince Staples, De La Soul, Fufanu and a yet to be announced special guest. (Snoop?)

Hall by the Sea will have Danny Brown, Little Simz, Kali Uchis, Popcaan and Kilo Kish

Third stage will have Gorillaz Sound System and Djs.

https://www.redbull.com/gb-en/gorillaz-demon-dayz-festival-lineup

Edited by mf_2005

Yeah I'm hoping for Noel to be the special guest, based on the placement on this image it's the sub headliner so presumably will be a fairly established name. 

Noel would be my ideal but I'd also take Snoop or Rag n Bone Man, but I'm guessing they won't be in a rush to announce it :lol:probably hear on the day. 

IMG_9184.JPG

Edited by alexlloyd

54 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Yeah I'm hoping for Noel to be the special guest, based on the placement on this image it's the sub headliner so presumably will be a fairly established name. 

Noel would be my ideal but I'd also take Snoop or Rag n Bone Man, but I'm guessing they won't be in a rush to announce it :lol:probably hear on the day. 

IMG_9184.JPG

press release says "to be announced", so that presumably does mean in advance.

I would assume that special guest will be on at the same time as Danny Brown, so perhaps it would make sense for it to be a non hip hop act (ie Noel Gallagher) up against him.

Btw, Little Simz is one of the worst acts (if not the worst) I've seen live so I would recommend to anyone who's going to see anyone over her.

7 hours ago, Odessa said:

I would assume that special guest will be on at the same time as Danny Brown, so perhaps it would make sense for it to be a non hip hop act (ie Noel Gallagher) up against him.

Btw, Little Simz is one of the worst acts (if not the worst) I've seen live so I would recommend to anyone who's going to see anyone over her.

I'm hoping it ends up like this;

2.15 - 2.45 Kilo Kish 
2.45 - 3.15 Fufanu
3.15 - 4.00 Popcaan
4.00 - 5.00 De La Soul

5.00 - 5.30 Kali Uchis
5.30 - 6.20  Vince Staples
6.20 - 7.00 Little Simz
7.00 - 8.00 V.S.G.
8.00 - 9.00 Danny Brown
9.00 - 10.30 Gorillaz

Fingers crossed. 

20 hours ago, Odessa said:

Saw little simz at roundhouse rising fest and she was very very good, brought out loads of guests, had a great show. at glasto she was a little worse, because it was just her and a dj and a little messy

1 hour ago, ace56blaa said:

Saw little simz at roundhouse rising fest and she was very very good, brought out loads of guests, had a great show. at glasto she was a little worse, because it was just her and a dj and a little messy

Glad to hear that. She's proper good on record but that Glasto set was pants.

Edited by dentalplan

On 5/9/2017 at 2:03 AM, gregory said:

I'm hoping it ends up like this;

2.15 - 2.45 Kilo Kish 
2.45 - 3.15 Fufanu
3.15 - 4.00 Popcaan
4.00 - 5.00 De La Soul

5.00 - 5.30 Kali Uchis
5.30 - 6.20  Vince Staples
6.20 - 7.00 Little Simz
7.00 - 8.00 V.S.G.
8.00 - 9.00 Danny Brown
9.00 - 10.30 Gorillaz

Fingers crossed. 

The hall by the sea has a capacity of 2000 so i think there will be more clashes than this to combat overcrowding. Otherwise you have 15000 people moving from two stages. Depends how good the third stage down is also i guess?

8 minutes ago, Jacksamthompson said:

The hall by the sea has a capacity of 2000 so i think there will be more clashes than this to combat overcrowding. Otherwise you have 15000 people moving from two stages. Depends how good the third stage down is also i guess?

3rd stage is just 'Gorillaz Soundsystem', - dj sets :( 

23 minutes ago, gregory said:

3rd stage is just 'Gorillaz Soundsystem', - dj sets :( 

"while a third stage will feature Gorillaz Sound System and DJs." this is from the red bull site. 

Note the differentiation between the two. So we may see some DJs added to the line up?

Clutching at straws here.  

Run the Jewels have just been added to the Sunday of Parklife,  any chance it's because they're now in the country for the weekend and busy Saturday?.. 

Maybe it's a bit of a stretch and I can't say I know much about them anyway, but got the email today and seemed strange they've added a name of that size so late. 

21 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Run the Jewels have just been added to the Sunday of Parklife,  any chance it's because they're now in the country for the weekend and busy Saturday?.. 

Maybe it's a bit of a stretch and I can't say I know much about them anyway, but got the email today and seemed strange they've added a name of that size so late. 

They already played at Dismaland in Weston-super-Mare, so maybe their tour of crappy seaside theme parks will continue ;)

But in all seriousness, I reckon this is a good bet @alexlloyd, nice spot! More likely than Noel I reckon.