Demon Dayz Festival

K2SO

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just sorted mine out as well, thanks for the pre-sale link!

I'm struggling to think who'll get announced for this, where have you seen that it'll be three stages? Difficult to put artists in the same category as Gorillaz but could certainly see some crossovers with Parklife and perhaps Isle of Wight as well as that's the same weekend, would RUN DMC be too big a booking, co-headling IOW on the Friday? Just going on who would likely appear as a 'guest' with them, hopefully Snoop Dogg/De La Soul make an appearance but I can't say I'm too bothered if they do a full solo set.

Probably rule out anyone at Parklife/IOW on the Saturday, I'm assuming we can expect more electronic/rap? On top of the two you mentioned maybe Damian Marley, and Joe Goddard's at Parklife on the Sunday, Hot Chip would be a welcome addition!

Just a heads up guys, I just had this conversation with SEE via FB Messenger:

Me: Anyone home? I have a question

SEE Tickets: Hello, what is your question? SS

Me: A friend of mine sent me a presale link for the Gorillaz show in Margate, I booked two and got the confirmation e-mail and everything but I've just found it's supposed to be for people that live in Kent. Will the tickets I booked be honoured if I don't?

SEE Tickets: Your order may be cancelled and you will be notified via email. Thanks, SS

Me: How is it checked?

SEE Tickets: We cannot disclose this information but you would be notified via email. SS

Me: Fair enough, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get some tomorrow in the general sale tomorrow in that case. Are the other ones guaranteed to be cancelled and refunded or shall I chase it up myself?

SEE Tickets: No problem. You can submit an enquiry on this link - https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice - thanks. SS

16 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

Me: A friend of mine sent me a presale link for the Gorillaz show in Margate, I booked two and got the confirmation e-mail and everything but I've just found it's supposed to be for people that live in Kent. Will the tickets I booked be honoured if I don't?

SEE Tickets: Your order may be cancelled and you will be notified via email. Thanks, SS

SEE Tickets: We cannot disclose this information but you would be notified via email. SS

Me: Fair enough, thanks for the heads up. I'm going to get some tomorrow in the general sale tomorrow in that case. Are the other ones guaranteed to be cancelled and refunded or shall I chase it up myself?

SEE Tickets: No problem. You can submit an enquiry on this link - https://www.seetickets.com/customerservice - thanks. SS

There would be other ways to get the link; you might have lived in Kent before, hence still getting the presale link, and getting it delivered to your new place or work. There can't really be a way to check. Right? :/

20 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

Just sorted mine out as well, thanks for the pre-sale link!

I'm struggling to think who'll get announced for this, where have you seen that it'll be three stages? Difficult to put artists in the same category as Gorillaz but could certainly see some crossovers with Parklife and perhaps Isle of Wight as well as that's the same weekend, would RUN DMC be too big a booking, co-headling IOW on the Friday? Just going on who would likely appear as a 'guest' with them, hopefully Snoop Dogg/De La Soul make an appearance but I can't say I'm too bothered if they do a full solo set.

Probably rule out anyone at Parklife/IOW on the Saturday, I'm assuming we can expect more electronic/rap? On top of the two you mentioned maybe Damian Marley, and Joe Goddard's at Parklife on the Sunday, Hot Chip would be a welcome addition!

Probably some of the collaborations from the new album. Liam Bailey, Twilite Tone, Jean Michel Jarre, Vic Mensa, Benjamin Clementine... Rumored Massive Attack on new album, not sure they touring though. 

52 minutes ago, mf_2005 said:

it's their fault for allowing everyone to access pre sale is it not?  probably just saying that to cover their backs 

you shouldn't have told see, they know now and might act upon it, possibly dobbed  us all in there.

last time I give anyone a heads up, I can't afford to buy tickets tomorrow so if my ticket gets cancelled because they've been alerted  to the issue  I'm fucked. 

Edited by OddRon

Hopefully See don't care, they're still making their £6 booking fee per ticket, and Gorillaz are still en route to selling it out quickly. right?

The See website has no mention of what kind of pre-sale it is, so if they have any problems just say a friend sent you a pre-sale link and you used it, and the money was taken from your bank.

I can't see them minding, see tickets will have a set allocation surely, so if they sell them out and get the booking fees they won't mind where they were sold.

I'm not in a position where I can afford to spend another £130 on two tickets on the chance these two will get cancelled. Unless it's in the next twenty minutes no one will have the chance for general sale either, and I'm sure they'll be some who thought it was a standard presale as there's no mention of it being a 'local' one. 

1 hour ago, LiamMcMillen said:

I'm really, really looking forward to this. I'd bet on Kano, Clementine and Songhoy Blues and I'll dream about Snoop coming out for Clint Eastwood/Welcome to the World of the Plastic Beach 

Will be a nice warm up for Open'er won't it!

Snoop would be great. De La Soul too. I've got high hopes for the full bill, especially as it's 3 stages fro 2pm-1030pm. 

Hey guys, I bought a ticket for this and I´m traveling there alone from Slovakia. I wasn't able to buy coach ticket so now I have to figure out a way how to get there from London. Do you please have any advice what is the cheapest way to get to Margate? Trains seems expensive, is there Megabus or some ride share like Blablacar available? I´m also warmuping before Opene´er ;-) @gregory

32 minutes ago, muflon said:

Hey guys, I bought a ticket for this and I´m traveling there alone from Slovakia. I wasn't able to buy coach ticket so now I have to figure out a way how to get there from London. Do you please have any advice what is the cheapest way to get to Margate? Trains seems expensive, is there Megabus or some ride share like Blablacar available? I´m also warmuping before Opene´er ;-) @gregory

Check big green coach: http://www.biggreencoach.co.uk/events/demon-dayz-tickets-coach-travel

1 hour ago, muflon said:

Awesome! The link @aidenlangan95 shared looks decent, £30 return from London Waterloo. That might be your best bet. Or check out the Gorrilaz reddit page and you might be able to sort out a rideshare, i'm coming from the other direction sadly otherwise I'd try help.

15 minutes ago, gregory said:

Awesome! The link @aidenlangan95 shared looks decent, £30 return from London Waterloo. That might be your best bet. Or check out the Gorrilaz reddit page and you might be able to sort out a rideshare, i'm coming from the other direction sadly otherwise I'd try help.

will a normal national express work? I'm from somerset so having to go bristol to london to margate on national express 

By the way, I've been checking a few websites and the largest venue at Dreamland is the Hall by the Sea. This link (http://www.kentlive.news/dreamland-s-iconic-hall-by-the-sea-reopens-tonight/story-29767472-detail/story.html) says that it's a 2000 capacity venue and so it's probably the maximum number of people that can be at the festival.

9 minutes ago, gregory said:

@aidenlangan95 Capacity for this event is 15,000. I imagine Stage 1 will be on the new green, Stage 2 on the car park, and Stage 3 in the hall. But just guessing :) 

17238219_10155101498999834_242027806_n.png?oh=a2ffad19109d507aed487a205a709b02&oe=58C5C1A2

So it's different from what By the Sea had then? (Just wondering where you found the 15k capacity figure from) 

Because last year By the Sea had three stages, one in the Hall, one in the Roller Disco and one in the Ballroom. The year before only had the latter two.

11 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

So it's different from what By the Sea had then? (Just wondering where you found the 15k capacity figure from) 

Because last year By the Sea had three stages, one in the Hall, one in the Roller Disco and one in the Ballroom. The year before only had the latter two.

Seen 15k mentioned in several places, here for one; http://www.kentnews.co.uk/entertainment/gorillaz_demon_dayz_festival_tickets_available_now_for_kent_residents_in_exclusive_72_hour_pre_sale_1_4919522

Demon Dayz takes place in the new 15,000-capacity outdoor arena at the Margate pleasure palace on June 10. 

The Dreamland website mentions "Our giant event space is perfect for large outdoor events. A completely blank space, perfect for festivals, concerts and more! Standing capacity: 10k", so I guess it will be a combination of the outdoor space and an indoor space, plus they've stated "Dreamland Car Park is closed on 10th June 2017", so they may have a stage there.

Edited by gregory