K2SO

Demon Dayz Festival

63 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Well, didn't see that coming. Wonder if they'll have new material by then. 

Edited by pepesilvia

EG Presents / Goldenvoice today announces the launch of Demon Dayz – a one-day festival extravaganza curated by Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett – which will debut at Dreamland amusement park in Margate on Saturday 10 June, 2017, this year featuring Gorillaz in the headline slot.

With three stages and an eclectic line-up to be announced soon, plus free admission to the amusement park, Demon Dayz marks Gorillaz’ welcome return to the live stage, their first UK show since the sold out Plastic Beach World Tour of 2010.

For its inaugural year, Demon Dayz has joined creative forces with Red Bull. This collaboration will see the festival broadcast live and exclusively to the world through Red Bull TV. 

£16.50 for the park and ride seems like a lot or is that normal?

Does anyone know what sort of ticket allocation this would be? Would it be like 20k? 50k, maybe?

3 minutes ago, K2SO said:

Does anyone know what sort of ticket allocation this would be? Would it be like 20k? 50k, maybe?

more 10k than 20k, i'd say.

Anyone know any rough times for this? Would be nice to be able to catch the last train to London just after 10pm..?

9 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

Anyone know any rough times for this? Would be nice to be able to catch the last train to London just after 10pm..?

Curfew is 10:30, it says on the website you won't be able to catch last trains 

22 minutes ago, Dom Wall said:

There's a coach package to Waterloo for £90 all in - so £30 ontop of your ticket. 

49 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Curfew is 10:30, it says on the website you won't be able to catch last trains 

Well that's a daft idea (and my fault for not reading...) can't even get anywhere close I don't think, unless by bus!

£93 with fees for ticket + travel to ashford/Canterbury

£99 with fees for ticket + travel to Brighton, Crawley, Dartford, Eastbourne, Gillingham, Hastings, Maidstone or London Waterloo

anywhere got presale ? ticket master have but tickets are 17 quid more for some reason 

9 hours ago, OddRon said:

anywhere got presale ? ticket master have but tickets are 17 quid more for some reason 

Looks like the presale doesn't include the coach packages so it's a no go for me.

I know it says no parking or drop off but could you still get a national express coach to margate? it seems easier than the park/ride

On 06/03/2017 at 1:23 PM, eFestivals said:

more 10k than 20k, i'd say.

Wow, that's quite small then. Surprised tbh!

not sure how but I've managed to get tickets through seetickets, from an article by kent news, over the moon and can't wait

Thanks for that Ron, just got mine as well

That's a pretty ginormous backdoor they've propped open. :blink:

Yeah, I thought it might have flagged up that i was not local, but everything seemed to go through fine.

1 hour ago, OddRon said:

not sure how but I've managed to get tickets through seetickets, from an article by kent news, over the moon and can't wait

Awesome thanks for this! Tickets booked :)

seems  they thought only giving out the link through Kent press would mean only Kent people would get tickets, there's seems to be no indication the tickets are exclusive to locals as it came through as general admission and I used a Taunton address

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Aye I know. It's just not really exclusive to Kent residents so it's a backdoor to anyone ain't it? Just kinda surprised given how much of a highly sought after event this is gonna be.

I know, maybe Gorillaz PR team don't understand the full power of the internet :ph34r: