Glastonbury Full Lineup revealed??????

Pear_Cider

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He played Astral Weeks shows a few years back and its been re-released recently so I think any contractual stuff has been sorted now. Would love to see him pop up somewhere. 

He does play the odd song from Astral Weeks. Although he has 3-4 albums that are just as good.

To put an 'Internet lawyer' hat on, the Clashfinder is not for commercial use (NC3 licence https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/), not that it would be worth pursuing but wouldn't they be in their right to request the advertising revenue from all those Clickbait articles using content to generate commercial revenue as breach of licence terms?

6 minutes ago, The Nal said:

He played Astral Weeks shows a few years back and its been re-released recently so I think any contractual stuff has been sorted now. Would love to see him pop up somewhere. 

He does play the odd song from Astral Weeks. Although he has 3-4 albums that are just as good

Which albums do you think are just as good out of interest?

I'd give my right conker to see any of the songs off it live, but I'd never pay to see one of his gigs as I don't like a lot of his stuff much

3 minutes ago, nodolphie said:

To put an 'Internet lawyer' hat on, the Clashfinder is not for commercial use (NC3 licence https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/), not that it would be worth pursuing but wouldn't they be in their right to request the advertising revenue from all those Clickbait articles using content to generate commercial revenue as breach of licence terms?

One for @halvin I guess, not that he ever posts on here anymore.

10 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Which albums do you think are just as good out of interest?

I'd give my right conker to see any of the songs off it live, but I'd never pay to see one of his gigs as I don't like a lot of his stuff much

Yeah Ive only seen him the once. At Glasto in 05. Shows over the last few years haven't been as "grumpy" as hes said himself. Can still get a bit Tom Jones at times though.

Love all the early stuff really. Astral Weeks obviously, His Band and The Street Choir, Tupelo Honey, Veedon Fleece, Too Late to Stop Now, St Dominics Preview. Moondance probably being my fave.

Some great live stuff out there by him.

Edited by The Nal

3 hours ago, rivalschools.price said:

Daily Mirror and local papers headlines, thread on efests, Emily Eavis tweeting to deny,etc.

Some keyboard warrior is feeling very smug this morning and will be sending his application in for troll of the month.

Who's been a keyboard warrior/troll? It was my lineup prediction on the stage predictions thread that someone put into clashfinder, presumably to see how it would look as they thought it looked like a decent prediction.

4 hours ago, eFestivals said:

yep, some people throw their toys out of the pram when they discover they're no more special than anyone else and not allowed to spam.

It's a sad sad world.

I remember this. A number of the original peeps from the football outside the Pyramid (with Hobo Jones playing) have gone now too I think? Seen so many come and go - I feel so old...

1 hour ago, Pinhead said:

I remember this. A number of the original peeps from the football outside the Pyramid (with Hobo Jones playing) have gone now too I think? Seen so many come and go - I feel so old...

Was that 2007 or 2009? Hobo Jones played at the first football match didn't they. Quite a few people left around that time after the CT thing if I remember correctly.

4 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

Who's been a keyboard warrior/troll? It was my lineup prediction on the stage predictions thread that someone put into clashfinder, presumably to see how it would look as they thought it looked like a decent prediction.

Well, @Acid_Haze put it in (possibly when he praised your prediction from last year?) and his tinkering with the official clashfinder has fooled 'nuff people for three or four years now so I can't believe he didn't think it would happen again but whatever. Everyone knew this would happen because there are a lot of people who take Clashfinder as fact, and then it did happen.

5 hours ago, Will-2609 said:

I certainly don't think you are a troll for putting a line up prediction in a line up prediction thread.

it was aimed at whoever thought they could lead people to believe it was the real thing.

The clashfinder isn't really the place for someone to put what they think is a decent prediction as people take them as geniune(as proved by how this has blown up)

If it was a genuine mistake by whoever, I apologise, but I can't help but think it was done by the same sort of person who in the old days used to put a fake poster up and then snigger when people got excited because they thought that their favourite bands were playing.

13 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

I certainly don't think you are a troll for putting a line up prediction in a line up prediction thread.

it was aimed at whoever thought they could lead people to believe it was the real thing.

The clashfinder isn't really the place for someone to put what they think is a decent prediction as people take them as geniune(as proved by how this has blown up)

If it was a genuine mistake by whoever, I apologise, but I can't help but think it was done by the same sort of person who in the old days used to put a fake poster up and then snigger when people got excited because they thought that their favourite bands were playing.

I don't really get why this one has been reported so widely when there was already one up, though, and I don't think anyone updating the Clashfinder would have expected it to go so viral either. Acid haze always seems to be updating it.

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I don't really get why this one has been reported so widely when there was already one up, though, and I don't think anyone updating the Clashfinder would have expected it to go so viral either. Acid haze always seems to be updating it.

That's just it. Every year Acid Haze begins populating it and updates as more facts come to light. No big deal, as the clashfinder is clearly marked as wild speculation. And every year people will add in their wishlist for bands that are never going to play (and which previously Acid Haze has taken the time to undo).

This year the terminally brain dead decided that it was a 'leak' and splashed it all over twitter, where it was duly retweeted by people who couldn't be bothered to give it more than a cursory glance and exploited as clickbait by cynical 'journalists'.

It's not trolling or an attempt at attention seeking, just another example of people not bothering to read more than 140 characters before they form an opinion.

30 minutes ago, rivalschools.price said:

That's crap. You can't blame @Will-2609's prediction or @Acid_Haze's editing of the Clashfinder for absolutey horrendous journalism. Especially when the Clashfinder itself included a message to say it was guesswork. I'm sure the editing of the Clashfinder wasn't done in an attempt to fool anybody. Hell anyone who has used Clashfinder before knows it's open to public editing before the line up is out.