Oasis Reforming (Rumour)

Rubber Soldier

I know this rumour crops up every few months, so take it at face value. Apparently an announcement is imminent about them getting back together. The info comes from the same source who gave a heads up about The Stone Roses reforming. 

Doesn't change anything for this years Glastonbury obviously, but adds another band into the headliner pool for the future. If it's true of course  

Was wondering when the 2017 version of this thread would pop up!

Considering Liam is about to release his solo album and Noel has shows lined throughout summer I doubt there's anything to this. We all know it's gonna happen eventually, but it ain't gonna be this year.

Edited by FloorFiller

Thanks, Rubber Soldier - I really like your username, btw!

I had a number of great experiences with Oasis in the 90's, including that day at Knebworth.

This rumour fills me with nothing other than depression. Partly because it is pointless and they will be shite, but much more so because it will attract enormous interest and ruin opportunities for newer, better bands who actually have something to say.

But then (certainly for the last couple of decades), depressing cash reunions were ever thus...

Ben

19 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Was wondering when the 2017 version of this thread would pop up!

Considering Liam is about to release his solo album and Noel has shows lined throughout summer I doubt there's anything to this. We all know it's gonna happen eventually, but it ain't gonna be this year.

Yeah I don't think it's very likely to be true. But thought it was worth posting, the guy has no reason to be lying. He's said that the reunion will happen once Noel and Liam have their album and our commitments or the way.

6 minutes ago, Rubber Soldier said:

Yeah I don't think it's very likely to be true. But thought it was worth posting, the guy has no reason to be lying. He's said that the reunion will happen once Noel and Liam have their album and our commitments or the way.

Who is this source exactly?

55 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Thanks, Rubber Soldier - I really like your username, btw!

I had a number of great experiences with Oasis in the 90's, including that day at Knebworth.

This rumour fills me with nothing other than depression. Partly because it is pointless and they will be shite, but much more so because it will attract enormous interest and ruin opportunities for newer, better bands who actually have something to say.

But then (certainly for the last couple of decades), depressing cash reunions were ever thus...

Ben

The vast majority of people who will want to go to the Oasis reunion shows will care not one jot about, nor ever listen to, "newer, better bands who actually have something to say." So I really don't think them coming back would take any of the limelight those new bands will command.

I've seen Oasis 37 times, love them and would love them to reform as nothing else has come close to them since they split. Had it on good authority though that there will never be a reunion, not going to happen. Noel doesn't need the money or hassle. 

Edited by wozwebs

49 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

not sure about this... If you follow Liam on twitter you'll see hes forever calling Noel a cu*t

not sure that matters, people call each other that all the time. But as said a couple of years yet, Liam will get through 2018 most likely with his solo stuff and the same with Noel's next album. Noel I think will run a bit thin on this one as I don't think he has the same demand now and it'll diminish as he goes on. 2020 if I had to call a time for it to happen.

It's inevitable, it's not like the Smiths or the Roses is it, where the reunions looked like they'd never occur (SR to a lesser extent obviously). Everyone knows it will happen, but I don't think it will be just yet, based purely on Liam's Twitter output.