Foos and 3 hour set

guypjfreak

So I read somewhere that the foos want to do a 3 hour set.. Now I can't think of anything worse.. Not that I don't like them but 3 hours at a festival is a LONG time... 

I hope that this is not going to happen but you never know.. 

Would you........ If your going to watch them........ Want a 3 hour set ??? 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, JayBalls said:

They did about 3 hours at Reading 2012, no biggy.

That set felt too long, Dai Grohl spent a lot of time telling stories n-between the songs too as I recall. I sloped off to Justice in the NME tent halfway through.

my main issue with it would be bladder issues over and above anything else.  I like to get right in the middle quite a way forward and getting out before the end would be a disaster

Three hours would be okay by me as my gang are all up for seeing the Foo men and I am a bit too, but if it's not up to much after an hour then there's the option to slink off to another full headline slot.

In reality it won't be more than two-and-a-half though. Grohler was just working the crowd when he said that - I doubt he's off back to the Cheese and Grain either. :P

28 minutes ago, GlastoSimon said:

Friday when they were supposed to play (2015 was it?), I'm sure I vaguely planned to watch the start and then piss off elsewhere. That is one positive of incredibly long sets.

They were listed for 2 1/2 hours then: http:///s/g2015/?rev=243. I was planning on watching half before leaving for SFA.

Can't imagine they'll get any longer this time.

I'm a ridiculous music obsessive and enthusiast.

I can bore people to death talking about certain bands etc.

I am also a goldfish, regarding attention span.

I don't think that there's any band current or previous that I would want to watch for three hours.

Especially not at a festival.

That's just mental.

Ben

1 hour ago, Kay95 said:

my main issue with it would be bladder issues over and above anything else.  I like to get right in the middle quite a way forward and getting out before the end would be a disaster

this is my concern too...might have to stop drinking if want to be closer to the front and watch the whole set