Tickets at box office? Someone who picked them up there please?

Maticado

So I'll have to pick up tickets from the box office, since I live overseas. Where is it? What kind of documents do I need to pick up the tickets? The Ticketmaster FAQs said that it changes from venue to venue, so that wasn't much help. How can I get there, since I'm going to go to Reading by bus and it drops us off at the festival gates?

4 hours ago, Maticado said:

So I'll have to pick up tickets from the box office, since I live overseas. Where is it? What kind of documents do I need to pick up the tickets? The Ticketmaster FAQs said that it changes from venue to venue, so that wasn't much help. How can I get there, since I'm going to go to Reading by bus and it drops us off at the festival gates?

I have been looking for answer to this question myself as I am heading to the Reading Festival as a first timer this year. I have been searching the Ticketmaster.co.uk website and found a couple of links providing information regarding this:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/box_office_collection.html
Clearly states that you will be able to pick up your tickets at the venue.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venue/256042?tm_link=edp_Venue_Directions
This is the venue for the Leeds Festival which is identical to the Reading Festival and I would believe most of the information is pretty accurate for the Reading Festival as well (even though the venue directors-page for the Reading Festival has a lot less information).

The outline for Box Office says:

Box Office Hours

Pre-paid ticket collections on site are from the Box Offices situated close to the Red Gate entrance for those arriving by car and from the Yellow Gate entrance for those arriving by shuttle bus/public transport.
Box Office will be open from 9am on Wednesday 24th August 

Box Office Collection Accepted

The collection point will be open from Wednesday to Sunday. Customers must take along the credit card as I.D. as they will be asked to sign for the tickets and the signature checked against the card. Letters of authorisation and photocopies of the card will not be accepted. 

Hopefully someone with actual experience going to the Reading Festival will confirm my theory :) 

7 hours ago, RL1 said:

I have been looking for answer to this question myself as I am heading to the Reading Festival as a first timer this year. I have been searching the Ticketmaster.co.uk website and found a couple of links providing information regarding this:

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/h/box_office_collection.html
Clearly states that you will be able to pick up your tickets at the venue.

http://www.ticketmaster.co.uk/venue/256042?tm_link=edp_Venue_Directions
This is the venue for the Leeds Festival which is identical to the Reading Festival and I would believe most of the information is pretty accurate for the Reading Festival as well (even though the venue directors-page for the Reading Festival has a lot less information).

The outline for Box Office says:

Hopefully someone with actual experience going to the Reading Festival will confirm my theory :) 

I found other info here http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2017/

And it says 

Note: Tickets will not be on sale at the gate. There will be no box office of any kind. All tickets will be sent out to customers. Overseas customers will need to pick up tickets from The Hexagon.

So I checked and the Hexagon is about 30 minutes walk from the venue. 

• 4 weeks later...
On 01/03/2017 at 6:03 AM, Maticado said:

I found other info here http://www.efestivals.co.uk/festivals/reading/2017/

And it says 

Note: Tickets will not be on sale at the gate. There will be no box office of any kind. All tickets will be sent out to customers. Overseas customers will need to pick up tickets from The Hexagon.

So I checked and the Hexagon is about 30 minutes walk from the venue. 

I may be able to clear up the  Box Office mystery - there used to be a Box Office at Reading festival but that was closed down for reason that were never made clear.

jumping to your first post '  I'm going to go to Reading by bus and it drops us off at the festival gates ' - in fact I expect you will end up in the ' Rivermead Leisure Complex drop off point  ' 

what you can do is ' catch a Shuttle bus to Reading train station from ' near the festival site  ' { as I have never needed to catch one I am not sure where they leave from but I suspect it will also be the Rivermead Leisure Complex } and that will reduce your time by half - you would be wise to leave your bags at the station .

when you leave the station walk down to the Main road and turn left - follow the A33 - lucky enough Reading has great signposts and there should be one for the Hexagon

here is the route Hexagon recommend - (From Reading Station) Come out of the main entrance, cross at the Station Approach pelican crossing and turn left, crossing Garrard Street, into Station Road. Continue across Friar Street into Queen Victoria Street and turn right onto Broad Street. Walk through pedestrianised shopping centre to traffic lights. Turn left into St Mary's Butts and walk down until you are level with the church. Turn right and cross the road, continue for about one hundred metres and you will see The Hexagon in front of you

or catch a taxi if you are unsure - 

its not really far but its a shame they have ditched the box office as it was so close.

• 4 months later...

I am Unsure about the box office collection too. I bought the ticket over seetickets and thy wrote me:

Your tickets will be available for collection at the venue on the day of the event. Richfield Avenue, Reading Festival, Richfield Avenue, Reading, Reading, RG1 8EQ Please quote the reference number(s) above and take the card you booked with for identification when you collect your tickets. IMPORTANT - tickets will only be issued to the card holder, on production of the card used to place the order.

Someone knows if there really will be such a box office or if I have to go to the Hexagon too?

• 2 weeks later...

I am in a similar position. I live in London and my ticket has not got to me yet, i head out to reading on the 23rd. Will i be able to pick up my ticket from the Hexagon? Do i need to contact Ticketmaster/Hexagon before I do so?

the Ticketmaster help desk has been absolutely trash, I am worried i will show up and be unable to get my ticket.  

14 hours ago, Jfsh said:

I am in a similar position. I live in London and my ticket has not got to me yet, i head out to reading on the 23rd. Will i be able to pick up my ticket from the Hexagon? Do i need to contact Ticketmaster/Hexagon before I do so?

the Ticketmaster help desk has been absolutely trash, I am worried i will show up and be unable to get my ticket.  

I got en email from ticketmaster that i have to collect it at the hexagon. But in my case it is because they don't send tickets abroad. In London you should get the ticket by post...