Survey completed.

I can't think of anything that you could use in a tent that would give you peace of mind about leaving valuables there. I did once think about using a dog tie stake and a metal mesh bag to store valuables, but thought better of it. If it's some sort of alarm system you are thinking of then that kind of thing is already out there in some sort of fashion.

So, to conclude, I haven't got a clue about your proposed product, but wish you well with it. If you manage to crack the tent security problem then you'll never have to work again in your life I'd say.

My general advice on tents is to make friends with your neighbours.  You keep an eye on their tent and they on yours. These days I have a caravan and before that a trailer tent.  In both cases I had a safe fitted but I can't imagine how that could work in a tent. But good luck. As Yog says, if you crack tent security you'll do very well.  Meanwhile do come back and let us know the result of your findings.

On 27/02/2017 at 10:39 PM, grumpyhack said:

My general advice on tents is to make friends with your neighbours.  You keep an eye on their tent and they on yours.

Yes that is good advice - in the early 80's I had two jokers open up my tent - during daylight - they claimed they wanted to sell drugs sounded a load of bollocks to me and as I got out my tent to speak to them I think my Glaswegian accent frightened  them off and they bolted and I chased them - these guys were not very bright - they stuck together and amazingly they ran past their secret stash - on spotting that I stopped and stayed protecting it and I shouted to my Girlfriend to go up to the farm { this is before there was Police walking onsite } - anyway security came down and picked up all the stuff - I was surprised there was so much of it - they must have been grabbing everything as there was also sleeping bags and all sorts of bags - later on they had a guy come into that field with a megaphone asking people to check and if there was something missing to go to the farm - now I don't know how much stuff got returned but it was a lucky break that they were so Dumb.

even now so many years later - I clip a bell on the inside to the zip.

even in Crew Camping it still makes sense to know who is camping close - I was at Hop farm and I spotted two strangers wandering about { although they never approached my tent } - I had a word with Scottish Security and they did not have a clue who they were either so they approached them - turns out they were Agency workers who should not have been camping in our crew area - anyway they could not explain why they had walked past so many tents so it was decided that their tents be searched and they found loads of wallets and purses { all connected to the WBC } - Police was called and they were arrested and then Security checked every tent when the owner returned and they found six other Agency workers so they had to take their tents down and move to their own Campsite.

Edited by glasto-worker

Answered the survey but not sure what it's getting at really. It goes without saying that people want to limit their possibility of being robbed, but I'm not really sure what gadget could help that at a festival. 

Touch wood, I've never had my tent robbed at any festival. I've done 14 full camping weekend festivals, so it's not nowt but plenty on this site will have done more. The most valuable things I take to a festival are also the smallest - my phone and wallet. Who isn't carrying their phone and wallet around? What other valuables are people leaving in their tents?