kahmac

I've been to both for the last few years.  If you like the look of the line-up, I can't recommend EOTR highly enough.

Some differences:

EOTR is much smaller (c. 13,000 vs. c. 30,000).  You can camp really near to the arena, and the site as a whole is pretty compact.

Overall, Latitude has the nicer site (no lake at EOTR), but the Garden Stage at EOTR is arguably the best place to watch music at any UK festival.

Latitude is very seldom cold at night, whereas EOTR is often cold (and can be very cold) at night.  Consequently, whereas at Latitude people do get backs to their tents and chat outside after the music has finished; at EOTR, you don't see many who don't head straight for their sleeping bags.

EOTR is more focussed on music, and although it does have some good comedy and cinema, it lacks the arts diversity of Latitude.

EOTR has a good selection of beers and ciders, and you can take drink into the arena; in fact, no searches at EOTR vs. the hassle that is security at Latitude.

Food prices are comparable, but for me EOTR has much the better food choices, which are all gathered in one area.

As Yokel Again says, the demographic is different.  EOTR has the lowest *sshole content of any festival I know, I'd put this down to people going for the great music rather than wanting to 'do a festival'.  Because it happens the weekend immediately before schools go back, you get far far less school age children than elsewhere.

Memory of my last Latitude was lots of teenagers and families. Not so much so for EOTR although it is family friendly - I just think the line-up doesn't attract a younger crowd. Definitely more beardy and aley, and not in a hipster way.

The comedy / film is much less prominent - although there is some.

As above, obv its a lot smaller. Easy to catch a lot more bands due to short distance between stages and campsite etc.

There is less to do 'in to the night'. Much more of a sit around a fire type vibe that Latitude.

Having done both a few times I def. feel if you enjoyed Latitude you'd enjoy EOTR, particularly if you want to see lots of acts that may be new to you.