First time festival goer - stage capacity/ensuring you see the acts you want?

AT94

Hi,

Reading 2017 will be my first festival. I decided to take the plunge and give it a go after I saw Eminem was heading again and haven't had the guts to try it other years.

Me and my sister have purchased a weekend ticket. Eminem is the main headliner I'm wanting to see, but my concern is... does it often happen that the capacity of that arena is too full and some people miss out? 

I'm not someone who is desperate to get to the front, quite happy to chill near the back where it'll be less rowdy and enjoy the music. But what is the best way of ensuring I get into see someone like eminem? Would be really disappointed if I missed the opportunity to do so after it was this act that made me go for the ticket! 

There are of course several other acts we would love to see but he is the main one for me!

Any previous experiences would be much appreciated! Kind regards

On 2/26/2017 at 0:58 PM, AT94 said:

Hi,

Reading 2017 will be my first festival. I decided to take the plunge and give it a go after I saw Eminem was heading again and haven't had the guts to try it other years.

Me and my sister have purchased a weekend ticket. Eminem is the main headliner I'm wanting to see, but my concern is... does it often happen that the capacity of that arena is too full and some people miss out? 

I'm not someone who is desperate to get to the front, quite happy to chill near the back where it'll be less rowdy and enjoy the music. But what is the best way of ensuring I get into see someone like eminem? Would be really disappointed if I missed the opportunity to do so after it was this act that made me go for the ticket! 

There are of course several other acts we would love to see but he is the main one for me!

The arena never fills out, you will always be able to see who you want. Of course sometimes you will not have a great view but you can almost always move to a spot where you will 

On 26/02/2017 at 0:58 PM, AT94 said:

Hi,

Hello, welcome to efestivals!

There isn't really a 'capacity' with the main stage, Eminem had a massive crowd last time he played and definitely will again, but you'll be able to get a spot to see him. As you said you don't want to be right at the front, this means you're more likely to get a spot you're happy with, if you're really worried about being stuck at the back though, you may want to think about staying around for the sub-headliner under Eminem.

I hope you enjoy the festival and Eminem's set!