Clashfinder 2017

morph100

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, dip said:

If I'm remembering rightly, normally clashfinder gets given the times early, right?

I think he was once but recently he just locks it to public editing once the line-up is out and updates it then. Probably stopped once the EE ap appeared.

On 26/02/2017 at 3:41 PM, thewayiam said:

Just let people do it if they want to, everyone knows it's not real and if it is a bit of fun to them then so be it. It's better than being a cock and moaning at people on here for no reason.

This aged well.  In the Daily Mirror now

http://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebrity-news/glastonbury-festival-2017-line-up-9972466

2 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I have just seen this posted 4 times, by 4 different people in the same group on Facebook. Why does the festival never put out a statement to say it's nonsense?

Why would they need to? It's free marketing for them. Plus despite it being just guesses, there will be plenty on there that are pretty accurate I would guess.

11 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Why would they need to? It's free marketing for them. Plus despite it being just guesses, there will be plenty on there that are pretty accurate I would guess.

I guess so. Didn't think of it that way. I hope it's about half right. There's a handful I like on there, but also a couple missing that I thought might be in with a shout.

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I suspect the 'free marketing' element is negated by furious agents calling to ask why their acts are playing when it's not been agreed yet and by the additional hassle of renewed queries from the press.

"the press" are well aware that it's bollocks so aren't going to be querying the festival. they post it to get more traffic/clicks, and it works.

agents aren't going to be furious at all, Glastonbury haven't published it, some random internet site has, so they're hardly going to be on the phone to the GFL offices about some rumours online....

Edited by ghostdancer1

2 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

"the press" are well aware that it's bollocks so aren't going to be querying the festival. they post it to get more traffic/clicks, and it works.

agents aren't going to be furious at all, Glastonbury haven't published it, some random internet site has, so they're hardly going to be on the phone to the GFL offices about some random site publishing rumours....

It's all clickbait, which is killing journalism on the net in my opinion! 

43 minutes ago, K2SO said:

I have just seen this posted 4 times, by 4 different people in the same group on Facebook. Why does the festival never put out a statement to say it's nonsense?

Because if they kept denying all the fake ones, they'd be in a difficult position if the real one actually leaked.  They'd have to deny the real one too, otherwise it would stand out as the only one they haven't denied.

The only official response can be "You'll have to wait and see"

1 hour ago, K2SO said:

Its all part of the fun and the build up to the proper announcement, I personally enjoy all the hyped up bullshit building and smashing dreams and hopes of peoples favourite bands playing or not playing