2017 Reccomendations

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

These are the Lock Up/ Pit bands that are worth a listen imo

Gnarwolves - Great band. Seen them a bunch of times and they've never been dull. Should be far bigger and can't think of a better UK Pop Punk band (though they're way more towards to the Punk side than Pop). Got a dedicated fan base though.

Munice Girls - Cool female fronted UK Indie Punk band that needs some attention. They've got some tunes to match

Slotface - Another female fronted Indie Punk band but from Norway this time. Again like Munice Girl they're got some bangers 

Arcane Roots - If you're not familiar with Math Rock probably a good place to start in general. Used to love these guys and worth a listen, especially if you're fan of old school Biffy Clyro.

Tigers Jaw - Wasn't a fan of new album but I still like this album. Pretty much an emo classic at this stage. Follows the same vein of bands like Modern Baseball and The Front Bottoms so if you like those then you should listen to Tigers Jaw if you don't

Defeater. These guys first two albums and first EP are great, shame that they didn't know how to progress their sound and stagnated a bit. Still worth listening to going to see though even if it is just the vocalist from those days.

Casey - Some people raved over this album and while I did enjoy it I just thought that Touche Amore released a far better album with a similar sound last year and they and Pianos Become The Teeth have been doing this stuff for longer and better (well until Pianos changed their sound). Still a great UK band and got lots of hype surrounding them. Still haven't got around to seeing them but I'm hoping they tour in the winter

Also not on the Lock Up but Idles who are on the FR are deffo well worth a listen (if it hasn't been mentioned enough times already). Their album they released this year was fab and probably one of the better Punk releases this year. Also I'll mention Boston Manor, WSTR and Puppy in passing. I'm not a particular fan of these bands but some people love them so though I'd mention it. Also haven't listened to much of Tigerclub but what I did hear I enjoyed. Maybe check them out too

Edit: Just added a little bit about each band 

Edited by justanothername

12 hours ago, justanothername said:

Gnarwolves - Great band. Seen them a bunch of times and they've never been dull. Should be far bigger and can't think of a better UK Pop Punk band (though they're way more towards to the Punk side than Pop). Got a dedicated fan base though.

Munice Girls - Cool female fronted UK Indie Punk band that needs some attention. They've got some tunes to match

Slotface - Another female fronted Indie Punk band but from Norway this time. Again like Munice Girl they're got some bangers 

Arcane Roots - If you're not familiar with Math Rock probably a good place to start in general. Used to love these guys and worth a listen, especially if you're fan of old school Biffy Clyro.

Tigers Jaw - Wasn't a fan of new album but I still like this album. Pretty much an emo classic at this stage. Follows the same vein of bands like Modern Baseball and The Front Bottoms so if you like those then you should listen to Tigers Jaw if you don't

Defeater. These guys first two albums and first EP are great, shame that they didn't know how to progress their sound and stagnated a bit. Still worth listening to going to see though even if it is just the vocalist from those days.

Casey - Some people raved over this album and while I did enjoy it I just thought that Touche Amore released a far better album with a similar sound last year and they and Pianos Become The Teeth have been doing this stuff for longer and better (well until Pianos changed their sound). Still a great UK band and got lots of hype surrounding them. Still haven't got around to seeing them but I'm hoping they tour in the winter

Also not on the Lock Up but Idles who are on the FR are deffo well worth a listen (if it hasn't been mentioned enough times already). Their album they released this year was fab and probably one of the better Punk releases this year. Also I'll mention Boston Manor, WSTR and Puppy in passing. I'm not a particular fan of these bands but some people love them so though I'd mention it. Also haven't listened to much of Tigerclub but what I did hear I enjoyed. Maybe check them out too

Thanks mate, perfect! I'll give these all a listen

soz for the long quote guys, on phone so takes ages to get rid 

On 15/07/2017 at 10:55 PM, justanothername said:

What a track that is by Arcane Roots.Awesome

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

TBH you probably wont find that much difference between the dnb acts. For Metal fans particularly I recommend Noisia as they are kinda insane imo. Either way I've linked what are imo the highlights of the electronic side of things

Noisia - If you go and see one act go and see them. They're still doing Outer Edges shows atm (meaning you'll get all 3 members DJ'ing not just 1, and a much better light show to go with it). Pretty heavy, gritty dnb.

Dillon Francis - Makes some really gritty house/moombah. Does a bit of poppy stuff too but a bunch of his songs are class.

Andy C - A really technically good DJ. He doesn't produce many songs himself but does create some pretty narly mashups and stuff live. Plus if you don't care for Eminem or Flume there aint a lot else on that night anyway.

Mura Masa - Gonna chuck this one in anyway. He probably doesnt cater to the metal audience very well but he's pretty hyped at the moment and has a huge range of trappish stuff.

Metrik - More dnb, never seen him live but i've always thought his production was pretty great

Delta Heavy - dnb meets trap meets dubstep. Their sets are always so varied its kinda insane

If you're at leeds I'd consider seeing WIlkinson on the Relentless stage too. Everyone knows afterglow but he has a bunch of heavier dnb too