2017 Reccomendations

I know everyone has different opinions on this but one thing Reading consistently does for me every year is introduce me to good new bands

After the recent announcement there's not really anyone who's really standing out for me so I thought I'd start a thread to help me and others find potentially our next favourite bands   . 

So, who is everyone really looking forward to and any new band reccomendations for everyone? 

• 2 weeks later...

Acts I'd like to check out based on other's recommendations:

Bear's Den, Oh Wonder, The Amazons, Billy Talent
Cabbage, Glass Animals, Moose Blood, While She Sleeps, KORN
Blossoms, Against The Current, Fickle Friends, Milky Chance, The Hunna, The Sherlocks

Acts I'm already a fan of (bold are my recommendations for anyone who hasn't seen them before):

Kasabian, Bastille, TDCC, YMAS, Circa Waves, Dillon Francis, Jimmy Eat World, Mallory Knox
At The Drive In, Everything Everything, Frank Carter, Marmozets, Sundara Karma
Muse, Architects

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/03/2017 at 2:51 PM, AndrewSmith said:

Kasabian, Bastille, TDCC, YMAS, Circa Waves, Dillon Francis, Jimmy Eat World, Mallory Knox
At The Drive In, Everything Everything, Frank Carter, Marmozets, Sundara Karma
Muse, Architects

I saw Circa Waves in Liverpool last night and they honestly killed it, brilliant live. Highly recommend people seeing them at R+L best live act I've seen in a while!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been listening to IDLES on my Download spotify playlist. Quite liking it but that's because i was listening to similar stuff in the 70s and early 80s. Nice to hear that sound coming back, I hope they don't clash with anyone this year.

29 minutes ago, devilman said:

I've been listening to IDLES on my Download spotify playlist. Quite liking it but that's because i was listening to similar stuff in the 70s and early 80s. Nice to hear that sound coming back, I hope they don't clash with anyone this year.

You guys might like that one I posted just up the page if you like the sound of Idles.

Yeah there does seem like a shift in the punk music they're pushing now. For better or worse, at least that's something R+L are embracing properly and booking primal and/or political stuff over those weed paranoia and boardshorts types.

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

Didn't notice until just now but Carpenter Brut, creator of some almighty bangers off Hotline Miami 2, playing after Turbowolf on the Pit. Really gotta be done.

I dunno what's inspired FR to start booking synthwave for Download and R+L but I'm sure as fuck not complaining.

Sounds like Zombi who supported Ghost. I'll not be rushing back to see them or this lot. I'm sure it has its place but not as a live spectacle for me. For these reasons I'm out.

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, ollieg99 said:

Does anyone have any recommendations for the dance stage?

Just gonna do dance acts as some of them are on different stages (so some may clash):

- Flume (Future Bass)
- EDEN (??? Don't even know what to call him)
- Mura Masa (Trap - Pots & Pans)
- Noisia (DnB)
- Charli XCX (Pop/Garage)
- Delta Heavy (DnB)
- Metrik (DnB)
- Becky Hill (Garage)
- Dillon Francis (Moombhaton/Electro House)
- Sub Focus (DnB/Garage)
- Tom Misch (??????)
- Andy C (DnB)
- LANY (Deep House????)
- ALMA (Garage/Future House)
- SG Lewis (Deep House)
- Loadstar B2B Matrix & Futurebound (DnB)