Foo Fighters

HalfAnIdiot

39 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Nah it’ll be their own shows I suppose. Way too early to announce R+L.

it's a bit on the early side, but not very much - about 6 weeks on last year, when Muse were announced on 1st Dec.

And anyway, just cos their twitter has tweeted a UK flag doesn't necessarily mean the announcement is imminent. It might merely be marking that the deal is signed.

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

it's a bit on the early side, but not very much - about 6 weeks on last year, when Muse were announced on 1st Dec.

And anyway, just cos their twitter has tweeted a UK flag doesn't necessarily mean the announcement is imminent. It might merely be marking that the deal is signed.

They posting multiple images of the band with union jacks so it's more likely they will be announcing something soon, building up some hype. 

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It’d be the earliest they’ve announced by at least a month, as far as I can recall. And I think any festival that was about to announce them would be doing their own teasers too or sharing the existing ones. Makes you think it’s their typical UK stadium tour they’re doing - tho that doesn’t make festivals impossible.

38 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It’d be the earliest they’ve announced by at least a month, as far as I can recall.

perhaps, but earlier and earlier announcements is the general trend for all festivals.

And for R/L with the foos (if they have them) I reckon it would be the smartest of moves, that's likely to give them the best sales across both sites for a number of years.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

And I think any festival that was about to announce them would be doing their own teasers too or sharing the existing ones.

nah, that doesn't work without giving it all away. Why bother with the tease if there's no tease?

It's also often the case that the mega bands have overall control.

40 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Makes you think it’s their typical UK stadium tour they’re doing - tho that doesn’t make festivals impossible.

I don't think it'll be 'typical' foos stadiums if its stadiums. I reckon it'll be a better spread around the uk with shows than they've done for a while.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

perhaps, but earlier and earlier announcements is the general trend for all festivals.

And for R/L with the foos (if they have them) I reckon it would be the smartest of moves, that's likely to give them the best sales across both sites for a number of years.

nah, that doesn't work without giving it all away. Why bother with the tease if there's no tease?

It's also often the case that the mega bands have overall control.

I don't think it'll be 'typical' foos stadiums if its stadiums. I reckon it'll be a better spread around the uk with shows than they've done for a while.

I think theyll do both arenas and R/L. So arena tour now, R/L announcement Jan time

17 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

R&L always announce that there's an announcement coming as far as I'm aware. I'm very confident this won't be R&L and will be their own show(s).

that only works if you think the announcement is today.

From the little I've followed the foos doing this sort of stuff, I don't think that's always the case.

With any luck it will be their own tour, the "It's time for Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters to take over the world" from an interview and adding 5-6 dates in South America with the pair of them has me hoping for a Foos/QOTSA Wembley date.

I'd have preferred a BST for the expanded undercard but presumably they'd have put their own teasers out by now if it were that. I wouldn't mind it turning out to be an announcement next week though, the later they announce it the more chance tickets will go on sale after payday :D

Edited by alexlloyd
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, alexlloyd said:

With any luck it will be their own tour, the "It's time for Queens of the Stone Age and Foo Fighters to take over the world" from an interview and adding 5-6 dates in South America with the pair of them has me hoping for a Foos/QOTSA Wembley date.

I'd have preferred a BST for the expanded undercard but presumably they'd have put their own teasers out by now if it were that. I wouldn't mind it turning out to be an announcement next week though, the later they announce it the more chance tickets will go on sale after payday :D

If QOTSA and  FOO did a joint tour I will jump for joy.